What a welcome?

Manik horse ran wild, he is also eager to go home, by early morning they reached nagar, Manik is excited, but he want to roam whole nagar like common man, so he slept on his horse back while he is walking lazily. When Manik is almost asleep two horses ran fast passing him, Manik felt curious, he too joined them, suddenly he heard "didisa! See this time I will win for sure" a cute voice came shouting
A laughing voice stopped Manik a moment. "We will see Sindhu" the other one kicked her horse which started running, Manik felt excited followed them, when both horses passed the first one she screamed "di you can't do this" she started to run her horse more fast.

Manik is back of first one, her horse is running in good speed. Manik is so much eager to see face, First Lady reached a place before that Manik reached and stood infront of her to stop her. The lady is surprised, she opened her face mask Manik face lit fire, his smile grew bigger "what a welcome? What a morning kumari Nandini? It's such a pleasant day, how beautiful it will be if I get to see you daily as such?" Manik said with surprise
Nandini is in shock surprise astonished stunned even got lost in her own thoughts to process if it's just her illusion or real?

Manik laughed at Nandini expression, he clicked his fingers, she came out of her shock, "you are real?" She blurred out.
"Means? Did you dream as such? Or did you dream about me?" Manik is now amused
Nandini blushed but covered it in sharp moment, "Maharanisa didn't mention that you are coming Rajkumar Manik! Pranam" she said while getting down of horse.
"I didn't inform my arrival I want to surprise her"
"She planned so much but May be she will be thrilled just to see you"
"Didn't you get one too?" He teased
She gulped then straightened her posture, "welcome home Rajkumar I am glad to see you"
Manik frowned "o you are glad that Rajkumar came not that I came?"
"What is difference? You are Rajkumar, both are same" she shrugged
"Ok! Things don't seem same to me, how is my khanjar? Is it making you to remind me?"
"Such a straight forward questions don't make a girl find answer Rajkumar I thought you are wise man"
Manik laughed "wise man but impatient man"
"O! Then I think you are in trouble women take time in everything men should learn patience, I pity our Rajkumari then"
Manik smirked "don't you think she is the one who should have patience? I am lazy, works with brain always, impatient, curious, stubborn, what do you think? Can she handle me?"
"Who knows time will be the one to decide"
"Time... what if my mother ask me about khanjar? What should I reply? Tell her that I gave to a beautiful lady?"
"If you feel trouble then you can always take that back"
"I am Rajput kumari Nandini! Rajputs die for their words but they don't take back" his face turned stern
"Rajputs don't hesitate too, Rajkumar Manik, and I don't want something which has any doubt" she said with anger rising
"Hesitant? Never! I asked for concern"
"Wow Rajkumar knows that? I don't know! When you gave me did you mention the phrase or asked for my concern? She laughed making him feel her anger
"You didn't accept it till Kumari Nandini"
Nandini eyes raised face turned more stern then took deep breath "leave it Rajkumar I understood it's useless to make you know about lady," she said in self pity, Manik eyes frowned "what does that even means?"
"You are ....
"Who the hell are you? How dare you come in between we sisters?" Nandini sister  Sindhu started to shout on Manik
"Sister?"
"Yes sisters let me teach you lesson" she tais d her sword before Nandini tried to explain but stopped Nandini by showing his hand, then he turned to Sindhu "first hold you sword softly, strength is not holding sword tight, look here hold it firm then just twist it like this you can make other person get ready come do it" he showed how to do, Sindhu did as he said "good now raise your sword and launch on other person come on" Manik encourages, Sindhu did as asked to do, "wow this is so easy" Sindhu screamed in happiness. Nandini watched him with amusement, he didn't take her words to ego instead he is handling her like kid, she adored this.
"Sindhu! First learn manners, do Pranam to Rajkumar Manik"
"What? Rajkumar Manik? Maharanisa said he will come soon and made all of us learn dance and show our talent on that means is it today? I didn't practice totally last what to do now?" She is worried
"No worries my welcome is having more oneday you get prepared by then" Manik smiled "waise your sister too joining you?"
"Yes she tho.." Nandini closed her mouth with hand "Rajkumar I think we should leave now our mothers might be worried by now, Pranam, Sindhu come on now" she showed eyes and started to go, "I will be waiting for your welcome ceremony dance" he screamed Nandini didn't turn back but she got big smile.

Manik in common man dress, and started roaming in streets of nagar, no one recognised him. He happily roamed, he bought some gifts for his mother, he watched people around, he asked rates of food items, groceries and other essentials, he felt they are higher side, he ate food which is been distributed by mahal, but found that workers are demanding a coin for food which angered Manik a lot. He started fighting with them, which turned to big one, all of sudden some minister came to arrest him instead of listening to the problem
"So you are the one who is asking money for free food? How many more are your partners?" Manik asked the minister
The angry minister took the sword to kill "how dare you talk nonsense with me? I will kill you" he jumped on Manik
Manik dogged and took out his sword and started to fight, all soldiers too added, within no time twenty men started to fight with Manik, which made big scene, khanoj came listening to fight, when he found its Manik he sent a worker to bring king, king with frown came to entrance when he watched the fight he got angry but khanoj shows king Manik, king frown turned to amusement then proud seeing how skilful he is with sword. He sent his encrunch to bring queen, she too came and when she found Manik her happiness has no boundaries, she immediately ordered her Sakhi to make welcome celebrations.

King enquired about fight, but he didn't stop it, instead he asked all men including Manik to be arrested, queen started fighting with king he laughed.
"My queen! Your son need popularity not welcome celebrations, let him come to sabha as common man, fight his case then see how famous he will be, then do his welcome whole kingdom will come to celebrate, go prepare yourself to be known as Rajkumar Manik's mother, no no Yuvaraj Manik mother."
"Really?" Her eyes lit up with happiness she jumped like small kid
"What will I get for giving you this much happiness?" King asked hugging her
"Shame on you, it's day time everyone are near, and you are hugging me"
"Acha?" King lifts her in arms and started walking to her wing. She screamed to keep her down but he didn't care, he is extremely happy today. Whole day both enjoyed shared happiest moments of life, talked about Manik.

Manik when got arrested, he laughed "when will be my trails?" He asked soldiers
"We have no idea if cases are less May be tomorrow"
"When will I get food?"
"Night"
"Night? I am hungry now"
"You are in jail not home" solider taunted
"But I am home" Manik exclaimed. Solider looked at him like alien.

Here khanoj at dinner "today Rajkumar Manik got arrested"
"What?" Everyone asked in shock he laughed. Explained everything. All said their own views about situation, Sindhu blurred, "today morning we met him"
Nandini closed her eyes in anticipation, she knows her parents won't leave this matter that easy.
"Where did you see him?" Her father asked
"Morning when we had race we met him, didisa had argument with him"
"What?" Everyone in room gasped
"What? No no pithasri! I did proper Pranam, he talked that's all" Nandini went defence
"He even teaches me how to use sword he is so good person" Sindhu completed her talk.
"We just enquired that queen didn't mention about his arrival. We were preparing from long time for his welcome" Nandini said
"Welcome will happen for sure" khanoj laughed
"Children I have a question for you all, when king knows it's his son why did he made him arrest and want him to produce in court? If you answer correctly I will reward you" khanoj asked curiously

His son said "king is good person he want to serve justice equally" his elder son answered
"May be he is wrong so his father punished" his second son answered.
"No, king knows he is correct, and he did correct thing, king want people know that Rajkumar Manik will help people by revolting him when it comes to praja he want everyone know that he is correct person for Yuvaraj" Nandini answered
Khanoj stood silent for few minutes his mind asked him same question "should I ask Nandini hand for Rajkumar Manik? If yes when?" He asked himself.

"Yes king did same as you said, I will reward you ask me what you want?"
"Pithasri! I too want reward" his youngest asked pouting, "me too" started everyone he laughed "Ok ok everyone will get now eat first" khanoj laughed. Whole family enjoyed food.

Manik is hungry when food is served he got a plate of t o rotis with dal, he ate full, h felt he didn't fill his stomach he was ant more so d manses for more, solider scolded him saying it's not his home and he is not his mother so go to sleep, was his answer. Manik laughed.