Chapter 2- Vecna's curse

Max and Mason were buking to Dustin's house, after finding out Eddie Munson possibly killed Chrissy Cunningham. Who the couple saw with the Munson boy the night before. But the two thing there is a Upside Down connection to it, probably. But they need to tell someone, and who better than Dustin Henderson.

Soon they arrived at the Henderson's house and Dustin let them in. Currently they're in Dustin's room.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked in disbelief as he paced in front of the two, Mason being sat on the bed. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes, she was in her cheerleading outfit. Same thing she was in when we saw her with Eddie." Max nodded.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin continued to pace.

Mason shook his head while Max answered. "No. No, but we... we can't be the only ones who saw them together. I mean, they stood out."

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin gave a look of disbelief as he paced some more.

"Exactly. You know his name's not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie's suspect number one right now." Max pointed out as Dustin stopped pacing in front of her.

"That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. No way." Dustin said as a fact. Max gave him a look while Mason did the same only sheepishly. "No way."

"Well, we can't rule it out." Max shook her head.

"Yes, we can." Dustin pointed.

"Dustin!" The red head exclaimed.

Dustin shook his head. "You don't know him like I do, Max, okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike, Mason, and me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie." He explained, looking at Mason for confirmation, the boy only nodding slightly. Eddie was nice to him. Always, and let him sit with them at lunch even though he wasn't a part of the Hellfire club.

The red head's face softened as she looked at Mason, before looking back at Dustin. "Okay. Well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Mason pulled a face as she said that. "Yeah, he's like a super nice guy on the weekdays, but then he's murdering women on the weekends."

"So, you are saying that Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin mocked, as he moved his hands.

"No, that- I'm not saying- I'm saying we can't presume anything, okay?" The red head shook her head. "But it doesn't look good for Eddie."

Dustin sighed as he sat down next to Mason, sitting on his right. "Why haven't you told the cops this?" The curly-headed boy looked between the couple.

Mason shrugged as Max crossed her arms over her chest. "I... I don't know." The girl shrugged.

The Henderson boy squinted at the two. "You don't know?"

Mason shifted uncomfortably and looked at Max, silently telling her to explain. She gave Mason a soft reassuring smile, walking over and sitting down on his left.

Max sighed. "After we saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer... something else happened. Nothing that weird or anything. I mean... Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes out at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But... This morning, I started to think back, and... I don't know. The look on his face. He was scared, Dustin. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know, he... he just killed someone, or... maybe, um... maybe be... because... I don't know, maybe..." She explained, trailing off at the end.

Dustin slowly looked at the two. "Something else killed her." Dustin said for her.

The couple nodded in response, Mason's hands started to shake, a shiver going down his spine.