Chapter 4- Dear Billy

Mason, Nancy, and Robin, quickly made their way to the school, being as quick as possible.

Now they were standing in a hall, where Max said she saw a clock.

"It was here. Right here." Max nodded towards the wall, flashlight in hand. Her eyes were glazed over with tears.

Nancy looked at her. "A grandfather clock?"

The red head nodded, a tear falling down her face. "It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly, I just... woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said had happened to Chrissy." Dustin nodded, Mason's heart dropping to his stomach as the boy said that the Wheeler boy starting to feel.

Max turned around to face the other. "Thats's not even the bad part." She looked between them.

They got into the office; all surrounded the desk Max was standing behind.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelly for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. Bad things, from their pasts. These visions, they just... they kept getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." Max explained, tears in her eyes, voice cracking. Mason was barely holding it together himself. But he thought back, and he'd been having the same symptoms.

"Vecna's curse." Robin confirmed.

"Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..." Max trailed off, breathing shakily. "...looks like I'm going to die tomorrow."

Mason's breathing started to pick up. Max could die. He couldn't lose her. And he was also having the same symptoms. The nightmares, the bad headaches, nose bleeds. But, he's been having them for a week. So, Vecna was taking his time with him, for some reason.

The boy stumbled back slightly, causing everyone to look at him while Nancy quickly grabbed his shoulders.

"You okay, Mason?" The older girl wore a concerned expression on her face.

Mason shook his head. "I-I... I can't breathe." He stuttered out.

Nancy's eyes widened. "Okay, okay. I got you, just try and breathe for me, okay?" She gently squeezed his shoulders.

"I- I c- can't." He wheezed.

Everything blurred, as he breathed rapidly, feeling as if his throat was closing up.

The others began to panic as Nancy tried to get Mason to breathe.

"Hey, hey. Focus on me, okay?" Nancy gently sat him down on the floor, against the wall. "Okay. What are five things you can see?"

Mason looked around slightly. "Y- you... Max... R- Robin... my- my shoes, a- a- and S- Steve."

Nancy smiled softly. "Good. Good. Now four things you can touch?"

"Y-you... t- the floor..." Mason trailed off, Max then moved towards him, gently grabbing his hand. "M- Max... a- and t-the wa- wall."

"Good. Three things you can hear?" Nancy nodded.

Mason exhaled. "Yo- your voice... t- the wind, a- and...." He trailed off again, so Steve moved forward and ruffled a piece of paper that was on the desk for him. "P- paper."

"That's good. Two things you can smell?" The Wheeler girl squeezed his shoulders.

Mason's breathing started to slow. "Your- your, p- perfume... and, Max's j- jacket."