Chapter 3- The Monster and The Superhero

The next day, the group got Eddie some supplies, before heading to the boathouse after finding out what the police know.

They opened the door, turning to the left, seeing Eddie standing in a corner, holding the broken glass bottle towards them.

Dustin smiled at the older boy, holding up the bags he had. "Delivery service." Eddie exhaled in relief.

Everyone got settled, huddling around Eddie as he sat down in the middle of the boat, eating from a box of Honeycomb cereal, drinking a bottle of bad drink, to wash it down.

"So, we got, uh, some news and some bad news. How do you prefer?" Dustin looked at the Munson boy.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie said, a mouth full of Honeycomb, before taking a drink of his adult drink.

Dustin nodded. "Alright. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." He told him.

Mason frowned, leaning forwards slightly. "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." He added.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max nodded.

"And the good news?" Eddie looked at Dustin.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too, and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother, in gonna be gunning for you." Robin explained.

Eddie grimaced. "Hunt the freak, right?"

"Exactly." Robin nodded.

"Shit." Eddie mumbled.

Dustin moved forwards slightly. "So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

Billy scoffed from where he was, behind Dustin, leaning on the wall. "Yeah, easier said than fucking done."

Mason grimaced, agreeing with that statement.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie looked at him, a sarcastic look on his face.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." The boy nodded.

Robin sighed, moving forward behind Mason, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke related, but the bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this." She explained, using her free hand to talk. That was something Mason noticed she did a lot.

"Yeah, see, we usually rely on this girl who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so..." Steve nodded, Mason's face lighting up when El was mentioned, making Billy smile.

"So, we're technically in- in more of the..." Robin motioned with her hand.

"Kinda..." Steve nodded, thinking.

Mason shrugged. "Brainstorming phase." Him and Max said at the same time, making them smile at each other.

"Brainstorming." Steve snapped his fingers.

Dustin nodded. "There... there's nothing to worry about." He stuttered slightly.

Steve smiled, nodding.

Billy laughed slightly." Idiots." He pointed to Steve and Dustin, making Mason snort, causing everyone to look at him. He then proceeded to.

"Sorry. Dry throat." He smiled sheepishly, Billy snickering to himself.