Chapter 8- Papa

Mason was scared

Mason was scared... no, terrified. He's never been so scared in his life. And he'd scared of quite literally everything now.

Mason was currently in one of the rooms in the lab. nobody was there. Well, at least that he didn't know. His newly acknowledged father was there with him. Only, he didn't look like how he has lately.

His father still had the blood on the suit which unsettled Mason. The younger boy knew nothing was going to happen if he didn't act scared. So, he did just that, act scared.

His father saw right through it though. "Oh, come on son, just follow me." He shook his head, while he giggled a little and held his hand out to Mason.

Mason dropped the act and grabbed his father's hand. "What are we doing back here?" He looked up at his father.

"Just wait." His father made him turn to the same door that Mason now has grown to remember is the room that his mother gave birth to him.

"Why did you bring me back here?" Mason looked back to his father, using his other hand to tap his fingers together with there being no movement.

"I hope you are still waiting on telling the others. You can soon but all of this is slowly coming to an end. Be careful my son. I really wish I could have been there for you while you grew up. But I must go, unless the evil version of me takes control any second. Bye for now, son." Henry messed up Mason's hair. Mason giggled and nodded.

All of a sudden, Henry faded away and Mason was left in the darkness. A shiver went down the boy's spine. Then a looming shadow peered over him, making him turn, his heart becoming erratic as he saw him.

Vecna.

"Hello again, Mason. It's time for you to meet your end." His dark voice spoke.

Mason immediately turned around, running as fast as he could, trying to find a way out. His heart was beating exceptionally fast, hands shaking as he breathed rapidly. He heard a loud clock chiming in the distance, making his heart race even more.

"You cannot hide from me, Mason." His dark voice was getting closer and closer.

"No, no, no, no, no. Please... leave me alone. Please." Mason's voice broke, then he was suddenly lifted into the air, making him freeze. He was slowly turned around, Vecna was directly in front of him.

"It's time." Vecna lifted his clawed hand up to hover over Mason's face, his eyes rolling back.

As the boy whimpered, he tried to think about a happy memory. Anything that could help him in this moment. His brain feeling as if it was gonna explode.

The Wheeler boy then found a happy memory, thinking about it, and how happy it made him.

How happy they made him.