Nanny

Jamila

Jamila

I rang the doorbell and a very nervous feeling started to rise in my stomach. My mom helped me apply to be a celebrity nanny but she didn't tell me who.

"Hey who you is" I heard a man say making me look up.

"Umm I'm Jamila I'm here for the nanny interview" I said holding my folder up.

"Choppa, the nanny here" The man yelled letting me in. I stepped in hearing footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey, I'm Bryson how you doing" I heard making me turn around and almost pass out. Imma kill my mama.

"Hi, I'm Jamila" I said giving him the folder with my information in it.

"Okay Jamila, follow me" He said opening the folder. "You can sit right here" He said pulling out a chair for me.

"Thank you" I said sitting down.

"You want something to drink" He asked sitting the folder on the table.

"Water is fine" I said looking down at the table.

"Cold or room temperature" He asked making me look up at him.

"Cold please" I said looking away when he made eye contact.

"Alright, so have you ever been a nanny or babysitter before" He asked pulling the paper out.

"Yes and since you're gonna read it in there I may as well tell you, I quit" I said before opening my water.

"Can I ask why" He asked looking up at me making me chuckle.

"White family, out of control kids" I said making him chuckle.

"I feel you" He said looking up at me. "So what made you want to be a nanny" He asked sitting back.

"I love kids, I started babysitting when I was 15, but I wanted to be more than a babysitter" I said sitting up straight. "I graduated high school early, I'm in my Junior year of college, I can cook, I can do hair, I play with toys if needed, and I drive so we won't be in the house bored all day" I watching his eyes light up.

"I been doing interviews for a month and I think I finally found the one" He said smiling while reading my documents.

"How old is your child" I asked before sipping my water.

"She 5, her name is Brielle" He said showing me a picture.

"She's beautiful" I told him looking at the picture.

"Thank you, she with her grandma till I tomorrow so how about you come back tomorrow, we'll see how she takes to you" He said putting his phone in his pocket. "I like yo personality and background, let's make a deal" He said leaning on the table.

"What is it" I asked leaning in like he did.

"Don't interview with nobody else and I'll up the pay $1,000" He said tilting his head. "I know you the best for my baby" He said smirking.

"Deal" I said shaking his hand. "I'm gonna need an allergy list, bedtime, wakeup time, what she like to do, and where she likes to go" I told him letting his hand go getting up.

"Okay" He said leading me back to the door. We said our goodbyes and I left.