Mid Terms, Am I Right?

•♡•

{ Y/n's POV }

Y/n.

Y/n. Wake up.

Y/N.

"I'M AWAKE!" I shot up. I frantically looked around my room, quickly realizing my mother was not in front of me breathing down my neck to get up on time.

"Y/n!!"

Ugh, nevermind she's downstairs...

I crept out of bed, slowly opening my blinds to let some sunlight in. I recently moved into Hometown in August. Now it's November, and Alphys is supposed to give us our groups for our midterm project. I glanced out my window, and noticed the brunette that lived right beside me.

Kris, was their name. A very quiet person. Well, not quite around me. We've grown closer since my move here and their mother brought us many housewarming pies. They're very kind, artistically talented, laid back, and overall a great person to have as a friend.

If only I liked them as a friend.

I glanced at them once more as they put on their sweater. They picked at their bangs, revealing their eyes and trying to find a proper way to use the hairclip I gave them not so long ago. They glanced back at me and I froze, waving sheepishly like I didn't want to literally throw myself out the window. They waved back, smiling before picking up their phone. My phone vibrated from an incoming phone call. I picked up nervously, trying to mask it.

  "Helloo?" I sang. "Hey Y/n," they said casually. "What's up?" I sat on my windowsill. "Just wanted to know if you're okay with me.. not using the hairclip you gave me in public," they said slowly. "Why would I not be okay with it? It's a gift Kris, I'm not gonna tell you how to use it," I said. "But... I don't normally get gifts. You're the first person to give me a gift in a very long time," they said. "Well.. if you don't like it I can always get you better gifts,-" "No, no no. That's not what I meant. I just thought... if you'd like it better if I only wore it around you," they said.

  "Kris, you idiot, I can see your fucking smile from here," I chuckled.

   "I'll be outside your house in 5. See ya," they said.

   "Alrighty, bye!" I said before hanging up.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.

I immediately closed my blinds and plopped in my bed, kicking my legs and screaming like a little girl.

THEY WANTED TO ONLY WEAR THEIR HAIRCLIP AROUND ME?!?!?!?

Oh no I didn't get dressed yet

I ran to my closet and threw on my favorite outfit, dashing down the stairs before noticing a note on the table.

"Sorry honey, you're going to have to walk to school today. Somebody got into a car crash and broke their arm, so the hospital wanted me early. I'd thought you'd like some pancakes to make up. -Love, Mom," I read aloud. I tossed the note aside and started digging into my pancakes. I was gonna walk to school with Kris anyways. I heard the door knock just as I was about to wash my dish. Agh, I'll just wash it afterwards, Kris is more important to me right now.

  •♡•

  "Open up I have pie for you," I heard their muffled voice from outside. I opened the door to Kris immediately handing me a lunch bag with their mom's famous butterscotch cinnamon pie, and a few other snacks inside.

   "Aw, Kris... you don't have to make lunches for me every time my mom works early..." I said. "You're my friend Y/n, of course I would," they smiled. My heart kinda sunk but I just chuckled it off. We started making our way to school, taking our time, even though we were pretty late, we took our time.