☆• The Field Of Hopes And Dreams! •☆

•♡•

{ Kris' POV  }

   "I suppose it's just the three of us, then..." Ralsei sighed. "Don't worry, Susie'll be back," I said. "Oh.." Ralsei remarked. "You see Kris, Y/n, I'm a prince, but... I- um- currently don't have any subjects." he continued. "So you've been here all by yourself Ralsei..? Without any friends to keep you company..?" Y/n asked. "Yes, I have... I've been waiting my whole life for you three to arrive... So I'm really happy to meet you and hope we could be good friends!" he said cheerfully. "WELL GUESS WHAT RALSEI?" Y/n said. They grabbed my hand and Ralsei's hand and raised them. "WE'RE GONNA BE BESTIES, RIGHT KRIS?" they said. "Yup," I replied, my tone laced with sarcasm. I internally screamed in anger before giving a little smile. "Come on guys, let's go find Susie," I said.

We started walking a bit until Y/n stopped me.

   "Uh hey, Ralsei? Go on ahead, we'll be right with there in a sec!" they yelled. They took my hand and rubbed the back of my hand with their thumb. my heart started beating a bit faster. Please don't tell me they're going to ask if I'm okay because I don't even know what's wrong with me.

   "Kris, are you okay? You don't seem as optimistic as before," they asked.

GOD DAMNIT. 

"It's nothing really, you don't have to worry about me Y/n," I said softly. "Yes I do Kris, you're my best friend. Whatever's bothering you, it won't help if you keep it bottled up," they replied.

Did I actually just get friendzoned,,?

  "I swear Y/n, it's nothing. I'm just a little worried about Susie." I lied. It's not that I don't care about Susie, I know she'll be alright. I just don't want them to know that I've been crushing on them because I don't take rejection well. My only concern is if they feel the same.

They gripped my hand tighter and paused. "Y/n...?" I asked concernedly. "Susie. Is gonna be fine, Kris," they smiled, patting my head. "Now come on, we gotta find her, seal the fountain, and get outta this place," they said.

Something's off with them.

We left the castle and went to the bottom right, down there was a training dummy that looked exactly like Ralsei.

   "Oh! Kris, Y/n, that's the training dummy I made! Now seems like a great chance to prepare for the enemy, would you guys like me to teach you how to fight?" Ralsei asked. "Y/n?" I asked. "Eh, I guess a bit of training couldn't hurt. Especially since I- don't really know HOW to fight properly-" they replied. "Okay! Get ready guys!" he said. We went into battle and our weapons were summoned.

We learned that we have souls, and when Y/n and I are in battle together, we have our own souls.

Y/n apparently has a mixed soul, which caught Ralsei off guard. While they have a soul of Determination and Justice, my soul is purely made up of Determination. Ralsei explained how we can basically "tag" each other between turns to switch whose soul is going in. Since my determination overpowers Y/n's, I normally go first.

We also learned about FIGHTing, ACTing, using an ITEM, sparing darkners through MERCY, and DEFENDing to raise TP for Ralsei's spells. Y/n is good at dodging, to be honest.

   "That was super fun! Thanks for teaching us Ralsei!" Y/n said sweetly. "You're welcome Y/n! You both are wonderful students!" he replied. "In case you ever uhm, need a refresher, I made a manual for you three!" he continued. I took the manual from Ralsei. "Oh thanks, Ralsei," I said.

•♡•

{ Y/n's POV }

We continued walking until we saw a huge door, engraved with gold.