☆• Into The Thick Of It! •☆

•♡•

{ Kris' POV }

   I ran up to Y/n and Susie as they were walking. I took their free hand and just listened to the conversation they had.

   "The FUCK squad?" "The FUCK squad, like it?" "It's pretty good, but you're gonna make Lancer swear everytime he refers to us?" "That's the point! What did you and Kris write?" she asked. "(team name)," I replied. "Eh, it's alright... could use a little work. Good job," she punched me in the arm. "Wow, rare of you to encourage us for once," Y/n said. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," she chuckled.

We came across a save so I took that opportunity to do such. We easily dealt with another light puzzle and a few more Ponmen, which led to another save. I saved again and we noticed Lancer up ahead.

   "Hohoho... Well, STEP on my BOOTS... If it isn't the friendly Fun Gang," Lancer said dramatically. "You boys and girls better turn back while you still can." he continued. "And uh- WHY would we need to do that-?" Y/n said nervously. "Hohoho... I'm simply warning you, something EXTREMELY dangerous lies ahead." He said while stepping forward. "Hohoho! It's actually very inconvenient, I can't go home at all because I'm so scared!" He said as he stepped forward again. "Wh....what is it?" Susie said nervously.  Lancer moved aside like he was revealing what was "so scary"  farther up ahead. We walked more to see what he was rambling on about. IT WAS THE CHECKER PIECE FROM EARLIER. THE CHECKER PIECE??? THAT'S WHAT WAS SO SCARY??

   "Oh, hey, little guy..." Ralsei said sweetly. "THAT??? THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE AFRAID OF???" Susie said. "I KNOW RIGHT?? LIKE I COULD STEP ON THAT LITTLE SHIT-" Y/n replied. "Y/n! That wasn't very nice." Ralsei said disappointed. "BUT- LOOK AT IT??" Y/n debated. "W..wow, Purple girl and person whose name I do not know! You're not scared?!" Lancer said impressed. "Heh, why would I be?" Susie said mockingly. "Hmm, well normally," Lancer said trailing off. As if on cue, the checker piece walked to the end of the Great Board and a crown fell from the sky onto its head, and immediately grew LIKE 7 FUCKING FEET- "It crushes people to death I think." Lancer continued.

*BATTLE START*

* Here it comes!

  "We should warn it about Susie shouldn't we..." Y/n said. I nodded before going through with that plan, making Y/n defend.

* You explained to K.Round the importance of dodging Susie's attacks!

   "You see um... K.Round! If you don't try your best to dodge her attacks you'll... you'll-" "Die. Eternally sleep," Ralsei and I explained.

* But it didn't understand...

   "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU 'DON'T UNDERSTAND?!' WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT STANDING GUARD AGAINST AN ATTACK??" I complained. "I even did an example..." Y/n pouted. Susie cackled at the fact that we couldn't warn this enemy, as she slashed it with her axe.

It jumped into the air, trying to stomp us, making us take a little damage.

  "Y/n, wanna take this over?" I asked. "Mhm!" they high-fived me.

*SWITCH!*

Since their soul is being used for battle, they opened up a new ACT option.

   "Long Shot?" they said confusedly. "Let's test it out, see what happens.

They pressed it while Ralsei and I defended, causing their weapon to turn into a nicely decorated pistol.