☆• Killing Off The King! •☆

•♡•

{ Kris' POV }

* King blocked the way!

* Ralsei tried to reason with King...

   "You might not realize it, but... this is a world where you don't have to fight. I know if we try, we can all find another way.." he said. "Such simple-minded platitudes... a shame you will not get to live to realize your naivety. Now, perish with the pathetic LIGHTNERs you worship!" King yelled. "Sorry, my friends and I aren't going anywhere!" Ralsei said.

*  Ralsei's will is changing... TALK became DUAL HEAL!

   "How dare you come here, Lightners...?" King said.

* King's mouths gave a berserk smile.

* Susie tried to reason with King...

   "Arright, listen up. Lancer's my friend. So if we can get by without hurting you then... " "If I perish, so be it! Show my son the MONSTER you really are!" King interrupted Susie. "...Arright, so you wanna see what I can do, huh?"

* Susie's will is changing... TALK became RED BUSTER!

   "YEAH SUSIE!! LET'S BEAT THIS BITCH'S ASS!" Y/n said angrily. "Wait, guys! What happened to us trying to get past him peacefully?" Ralsei said. "RALS. HE THREATENED TO THROW LANCER OFF OF THE ROOF. He deserves every blow we throw at him," Y/n said. "Yeah ha! I like this side of Y/n!" Susie high-fived them. "Well, best thing to do is to have some of us defend, and the rest of us attack til we have enough for Susie's Red Buster," I said agreeing to Y/n and Susie's plan. 

* Kris dealt 167 DMG!

* Y/n dealt 182 DMG!

    "You that left us in the shadows... stripped of meaning.." he continued.

We all took damage but we weren't hurt so much.

* The battlefield is rumbling.

* Kris and Y/n's SOUL shined its power on Susie!

* Susie used RED BUSTER!

    "You DARE return to torment us once again?" King asked angrily. 

We all dodged most of it until Ralsei was nearly downed.

   "Ralsei, take this," I said throwing it his way. 

* King's mouths gave a berserk smile.

* Kris dealt 135 DMG!

* Ralsei used DARKBURGER!

"Begone! We have found fresh purpose." King led on.

I got hit twice and was downed.

"KRIS?!" Y/n screamed, their voice laced with worry. "It's okay, take the Roulxs Roux," they reassured. "You won't die on my watch," they said gritting their teeth. 

King's mouths babble indecipherably.

* Y/n used ROULXS ROUX!  

* Susie dealt 202 DMG!

   "For the KNIGHT has appeared," he said ominously.

We dodged that attack.

* The battlefield is rumbling. 

* Kris and Y/n's SOUL shined its power on Susie!

* Susie used RED BUSTER!

 "The KNIGHT that pulls Fountains from the Earth," King continued.

Who could this knight guy be anyway?

The same attack pattern kept happening until we finally weakened him enough to stop fighting. 

•♡•    

    "Enough...is enough," King said. "Yeah, so why don't you go fucking kill yours-" I cut them off, holding them back. 

   "I see... I see that I cannot defeat you. I have grown exhausted from our long battle," he said ignoring Y/n's comment. "Hey, Y/n," I said holding their hand. "I get you're angry but just, calm down a bit okay?" I said trying to calm them down. It seemed to work because they became less tense and looked a bit more relaxed after I held their hand. King fell onto his knees and his cape flew away in the wind. 

    "Lightners... I... Perhaps... I have been too cruel... The truth is... I wasn't always this way. There was once a time, where Lightners and Darkners lived in harmony. A time where Darkners could fulfill their purpose in peace... it would be a lie to say that I, too, do not yearn for those days," he confessed. He started gripping his chest from all the pain we conflicted. "Perhaps... Perhaps you young ones are right. Please, let us put away our weapons. There must be a peaceful solution to all this," he said. All of us put away our weapons, except for Y/n and Susie. "Y/n," I said "What? How are we supposed to trust this guy?! He can literally kill us while we're vulnerable!" they reasoned. "Please? For me?" I said. "....Fine. But only for you," Y/n said. They put away their weapon and so did Susie. 

   "I'm glad you're starting to realize, Mr. King. None of us really wanna fight. If you can't just tell us about your worries... I'm sure we can all be friends, Mr. King!" Ralsei said. "Yes.. 'friends' ...that sounds ...lovely... *cough* my apologies, I am... I am not used to fighting like that.. my body is.. getting weak..." he breathed. "Oh, don't say another word!" Ralsei said. He walked up to King and healed him. "There, you should be all healed up! How do you feel..?" he asked. "L-Let's see-" he said. And then he blasted us down with his spades and got up. 

"Much better." 

•♡•

Y/n, Susie, and I started getting up. "Y...You.." Susie stuttered. King summoned more spades and aimed them at Susie. "Did I say you could get up?" he said. Before Susie could get hit, I jumped in front of the spades and used my shield to protect her. "Kris?" Susie said. King summoned more spades and then hit me, causing me to slide. He shuffled towards me. 

   "You. You're the leader, aren't you? So what's your plan? To laugh, as you cast us back into obscurity? " he said peering down at me. "Let us go," I struggled to say. "Huh? What was that? Let me tell you a secret," he grabbed me and summoned spades above my head as I squirmed out of his grip. 

   "Quiet people piss me off." 

Right after I saw a red bolt of magic hit King and he let go of me. When I looked up, I saw Susie next to Y/n, who used our soul to let Susie use Red Buster. "Hey," she said. 

"Get away. from my. friend." she continued. 

   "Heheheheh.. OR WHAT? You'll KILL me?" King sneered. "I wish, but that's not what we have in mind," Y/n said winking at Susie. "Then what is it. WHO WILL STOP ME!?" he asked. Susie gestured behind him. 

   "They might." 

 Before King could react Lancer came out with all of the King's subjects and other Darkners he could find to help. They started carrying him. 

    "L...Lancer? E...Everyone?! WHAT is the meaning of this?!" he screamed. "Sorry, dad! You're being overthrown! When I told everyone you were fighting the Lightners, everyone remembered how kind they were! They decided they'd rather have a king that accepts them! Me! Now I'm the dad!" Lancer explained. "You IDIOTS! The Lightners are your ENEMIES! FOOLS! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!" King raged. "Yikes! I think someone needs a timeout! Go to your room!" Lancer said. "NOOOOOOOOOO!" King screamed as he was carried away. Y/n ran to me and got me on my feet. 

    "Oh, Kris are you okay?" they said compassionately. 

    "I'm so sorry I let this happen, it's all my-" "It's not your fault, you saved me. Thank you." I reassured them. "CAN YOU GUYS STOP ACTING ALL FRIENDLY AND MAKE OUT ALREADY??" Susie cheered from behind. "S-SUSIE!! STOP," Y/n yelled.  "Well, I guess it's time to say our goodbyes and get back home," I said. "Yeah, so we can go back home and do our own thing, remember?" Y/n reminded me. "Yeah," I chuckled. 

God I love them so much..