81. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛-𝐸𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠

Queen

The bed was empty when I woke up, Syn's side completely fixed and made up. If I couldn't recall his faint snores throughout the night I would've believed it if someone said I dreamt it all. I sighed, a part of me feeling disappointed that I wouldn't wake up to him but I shook it off.

"You can't have it all, Queenie," I whispered to myself, shifting to my side and reaching for my phone on the nightstand. 8:34 a.m. The bright screen flashed back at me, burning my eyes. I turned it off, collapsing back onto the bed and taking a deep breath.

It was way too early to be up.

I snuggled under the covers, forcing my mind to rest and willing my subconscious to give me another dream about Syn. It almost happened. I could feel myself drifting away, my body getting heavy, random scenarios playing in my head like a movie...

Then I heard a ringing, the noise acting like a dagger cutting the wires between my reality and dreams. It freaking hurt.

I sat up groggily, recognizing Syn's ringtone and reaching for his cell on his nightstand. It could be about Saint. The number wasn't saved but then again, it was Syn. He didn't care enough to save most people on his phone.

"Hello?" I answered, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Hi?" A woman's voice filled my ear, pausing my movements. "Who is this?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," I said slowly, sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"Would you mind passing him the phone, sweetie?" She asked. "I really need to talk to him."

Sweetie?...Talk to him about what?

Questions were running through my mind but I bit my tongue. There was no need to make a big deal out of nothing, she could've been a friend. I had to remind myself that Syn had a life for himself in the time we were apart. Besides, I trusted him. I would always be jealous when it came to him and other women, but I trusted him. If there was any time for me to start growing up, it was now.

I moved the phone from my face, taking a relaxed breath before speaking again. "Sure, let me just look for him."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

I rolled my eyes, hearing the fakeness oozing in her voice, and hopped out of the bed.

"Mhmm."

I put her on hold and tossed the phone on the bed. I took my sweet ass time looking for a pair of shorts and a top. Just because I trusted him didn't mean my pettiness was gone. I could hear her high-pitched voice screeching from the phone every few seconds to check if I was still there and I ignored it. If she wanted to speak to Syn so badly, he'd be the next person she talked to.

I grabbed the phone and finally started heading downstairs after five minutes. I found Syn standing in the kitchen, his throat moving as he drank a bottle of water. His dark hoodie rested on his head, the front unzipped and showing off his chest and abs, shining with sweat.

My steps slowed as I neared him. "You went out for a run?"

"Something like that," he muttered, tossing the bottle in the trash. "You're never awake this early. I hope I didn't wake you."