𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

Syn

Ten Days Ago

Lifeless...

I held her in my arms, and my head pressed against hers. "No, no, Princess. Wake up. Please." My voice was broken. I held her cheek, tapping. "Please."

She was just sleeping.

She'd wake up soon enough.

I filled my head with these thoughts, fooling myself into thinking the thumping in my head was her heartbeat.

"You need to wake up," I begged her, my teardrops falling onto her smooth skin. "We're supposed to get married soon, baby. Please..."

No answer. I knew there wouldn't be one.

I just couldn't stand it.

I hugged her body, holding it tight against me. I just screamed. Screamed into the silent and empty void. The lights above us burst- falling to the ground around us as I held on tightly.

A sobbed wracked my entire body.

I didn't want to live anymore.

There was no point in anything if she wasn't here.

Take me instead.

"I can't do this." My body shook with sobs as I pressed my lips into her hair.

I cursed God, the heavens, my father...every single thing responsible for bringing her to me and stripping her away. The pain was unbearable.

I damned the world, knowing there was nothing good left if she ceased to exist. Blood would stain the streets of every realm in the universe. Stars would implode, sending meteors and fragments hurling toward the Earth. The skies in every realm would fall, crushing any and everything beneath them the moment I let go of her. Hell would cease to exist-- I would cease to exist in that moment.

I yelled, my rage shaking the ground as I called for retribution. I shouted every vulgarity- my mouth spewing venom toward nothing yet everything.

The Heavens...

They never listened, but they'd hear me today.

I didn't- I wouldn't stop until the Heavens answered me.

And eventually, somebody did.

He appeared just a few feet away from Aiden's dead body, clad in a white suit. His white wings disappeared the moment I looked up at his face and fury rung through me. An angel. Was he sent here to mock me?

His bright eyes dropped to Queen in my arms and I held her tighter. As if I needed to protect her from him. "Why are you here?" I said lowly, my teeth gritted.

He glanced at the watch on his wrist. "Because the Lord is busy with the rest of the world while you're here screaming at us. You must know we can hear you, right? Or was it your intention to get our attention?"

"Tell him I need to speak to him," I demanded. "If he won't come to me, I will go to him with the rest of Hell behind me."

"There is no need for--"

"I will start a war."

"Again, I assure you," he sighed. "There is no need. Whatever you need, you can ask of me. My name is Michael."

The archangel...

Close enough. "Bring her back."

"She is dead," he said. "We can't go around disrupting the natural order because you're heartbroken, Syn. It hurts, but you will move on. This is the way of life..."