84. 𝑁𝑜 𝑂𝑛𝑒 𝑇𝑜 𝑆𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢

Queen

I watched what seemed like a weight lift off his shoulders before he smiled at me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist. He pulled me close, peppering kisses all over my face until I couldn't hold back my laughter.

All I had wanted was for him to tell me how he was feeling so I could be there for him as best as I could, but he gave me more than I ever expected. He not only admitted that he needed help, but he needed me. No matter what it was, if he just said those words to me, I'd never denied him anything.

"You have no idea how much that means to me, Princess," he said. "I know you're only doing it for me, but it means more to me than you could ever know."

I smiled. "Anything for you."

"Anything?" He raised a brow, lifting my arms to wrap around his neck. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes..."

"You hesitated."

"Because you're scaring me," I admitted with a laugh.

"Marry me."

My smile slowly fell and Syn's grew at the sight of my shock. "What?"

"I want you to marry me...again," he said. I opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it. "Just for appearance's sake...to send a message that we're a united front. The first time we did it was in Jeradua but the ceremony in Hell is a bit...different."

"Oh, okay." I nodded. "Of course. If that'll help."

"You look disappointed." He moved my hair behind my ear, a teasing smile still on his lips. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you're sad that I'm truly proposing."

I shook my head, plastering a smile on my face. "I'm okay. I was just a little bit confused at first."

"Hmm."

"What?"

"Do you love me?" He asked.

I looked at him in confusion before nodding. "You know I do."

"I love you too." He smiled, displaying his pearly whites and my heart soared. "Do you trust me?"

"I do."

"Do you plan on being with me forever, Princess?"

"Of course I do."

"Okay." He tapped my ass. "Stand up."

"Wha—" He held my hips, forcing me up as he stood up. "What's going on?" He didn't reply, just took my hand and strode to the double doors of his office. I grabbed my purse, trying to adjust my short dress as I ran to keep up with him.

When we reached the office, he let go of my hand and closed the door. I stood a few feet away from him, flustered as I fixed my dress and hair. I looked at him like he had grown horns out of his head and he winked at me, rolling his sleeves and walking past me to his desk. "Oh, is this really happening?" I smiled and raised a brow. "Office sex?"

He laughed, shaking his head as he rounded his desk. He reached up for the large canvas painting hanging on the wall behind his desk and removed it, gently setting it on the floor. My eyes fell on a small black safe in the wall and he reached for the keypad, entering a few numbers before a click sounded.

He peered inside the safe, blocking my vision with his body as he reached for something. I moved my head, my curiosity urging me to get a better look but before I could, he closed it. He cleared his throat, turning to face me and my eyes fell on a small black velvet box in his hands.

He took a step toward me and I took one back, holding up a finger. "What are you doing?"

"Why are you backing up? Come here." He gave me a charming smile, tapping the box against his other palm.

My heart felt like it stopped beating as the seconds passed and his expression told me he knew exactly what I was thinking. And he liked it. He was amused by how petrified I was.

I shook my head from side to side, taking another step back as he took two forward. "No."

"No, what?" He asked, a mock innocent curiosity on his face as he held back his sly grin. "I haven't even asked you anything."

"Oh, god."

He sighed, closing the distance between us with a few more strides. I felt the doors against my back as he stood a food away from me. He looked down at me, pushing hair behind my ear before tilting my chin up.

"God can't help you now, Princess."

꧁꧂