96. 𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑦

Syn

One Hour Ago

With Queen's departure, my patience with Aiden immediately faded. It took everything in me not to tear him apart while she was here and now that she was out of sight, a sense of relief filled me- true freedom to do what I wanted occupied the space and I sighed, setting my sights on him. He knew that he was fucked. I was sure he'd rather watch me fuck Queen for the rest of the night than be stuck here alone with me.

"It's funny how life works, isn't it?" I asked, interrupting his screams. "I can only imagine how victorious you must've felt when you thought she had fallen for you..." I crossed my arms. "It must've come as quite a bit of a shock to you when I showed up on her doorstep, huh? I wonder how you felt— was the world crumbling around you...did your lies begin to suffocate you?"

He didn't answer me but the flicker of anger in his eyes told me all the words I needed to hear. "You're a horrible creature- and I say creature in the most offensive way I can because what you did was inhumane. I've met my fair share of monsters yet you by far are one of the worst.

"You killed without reason- without any boundaries and what's worst is that you took the lives of children whose lives were already discarded. They had one thing in this fucked up world- one fucking thing!" I snapped, letting the chair beside me fall to the ground and he jumped. "Their lives, and you took that. Every single one of them deserved a real fucking shot and you stripped them of that opportunity. Why?!"

"I have no idea what you're—"

"The orphanage, Aiden," I said flatly. "Queen isn't here so you can give up the fucking act. I have CCTV footage of you on the construction site and I know you're responsible for the bombing." He shifted in the seat. "This is not me asking you whether or not you did it, I know you did. I'm asking for a reason. What could you have possibly gotten from this?"

He sat up, snorting before spitting blood on the floor in front of me. "Fuck you!"

I let out a bitter laugh. "Okay." I lifted my shirt above my head and tossed it onto an empty desk in the far wall of the room. Queen happened to like that shirt and I refused to have it stained with his blood. "Have it your way."

I took a couple of long strides to my right, reaching for a serrated knife on the wall. When he saw the knife in my hand, I could almost see the blood dropping from his face— he might as well have been completely transparent. I didn't know if he thought I was bluffing or if he was just an idiot- but either way, he was about to be in a world of pain.

He shook his head quickly as I neared him and I tapped the knife against my palm as I eyed him. "Where to start..." I said. "I did tell you that you were going to lose something for every sin you've committed, didn't I?" I asked. "Maybe I should start with your fingers...for touching what belonged to me...or maybe your hand, for setting that explosive. Your feet would do too for not only walking into her and my son's lie but also walking into a site that you had no business being in— there are endless options...you've done everything."

"Please, don't do this—"

"Since we're just starting and I consider myself an...accommodating host— I'll let you choose where I should begin," I said. "I'll count down from five and if I reach zero and you haven't chosen, I will— you don't want that."

"I- I..."

"You were so bold when Queen was in here?" I grinned. "Talking about fucking her...what's with the sudden change? Am I scaring you?"

"You have the wrong guy—"

"Five," I began and he shut his mouth into a thin line as his heart raced in his chest. "Four." The tears began falling down his face. "Three," I sang. "Two—"