135. 𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑙𝑦

Queen

"Bon Appetit, Princess."

His words set off fire alarms in my head. At first glance they were meaningless, but I knew him better than that. It was a warning. I cleared my throat, shifting on the couch to face Cain and Abel. "Go on then." I gestured at the food. "And help yourselves, if you're hungry."

Cain denied , but Abel went for it. Cain eyed him in irritation and Abel shrugged a shoulder as he popped a spring roll into his mouth. "What? I haven't eaten since this morning."

Cain simply rolled his eyes at him and looked at me. "First thing's first; the entire shit show with Aiden. Did you know that we had no idea about it? We were kept in the dark until you were killed, Queen."

I glanced at Syn who hardly looked like he cared enough to answer as he swung his head in Cain's direction. "I didn't tell you because I had it under control."

"Under control my fucking ass, she died," he snapped back. "This could've all been avoided if you had just told us."

"And what?" Syn raised a brow. "You would've been our saving grace? How's that?"

"I'm just saying, your fucking pride-"

"My pride?" That was when Syn's tone changed. I could hear the anger intertwining with his vocal cords. "My pride has been gone the moment I told you all about the drugs. My pride has nothing to do with why I kept this a secret from you, Cain."

"Then why did you?"

"Because you act on impulse and impulse alone. You don't fucking think and the last thing I needed was for you to run in there guns blazing and get the both go you killed."

"She was killed anyway," my brother snapped and I closed my eyes. I was getting a headache. I wouldn't be able to last if they were going to keep it up like this.

Fuck.

"Okay, enough. Please." I looked between the both of them before my eyes landed on Syn. "You should have told him." And then I turned to Cain. "And you...he's right. You would have gotten yourself and me killed."

Cain's mouth dropped and Syn snickered.

"Fantastic mediation on your part, Queen," Abel said between mouthfuls.

Whatever.

"Listen, I get where you're both coming from, but it's in the past now. Can we just move on?" I asked, my question more so directed at Cain.

"There's more," Syn said.

Both my brows jumped. "More?"

"Fuck yeah there's more," Cain exclaimed and I braced myself.

I listened to them, trying my best to eat as they rambled on. Syn stayed quiet for the most part aside from a few sighs of frustration and irritated snickers. He didn't argue as they- mostly Cain slandered him in front of me for a good thirty minutes and when they were done, I was livid.

They painted a story of a man with delusions taking their sister's dead body and admitting it to a hospital. How he refused when they demanded she be turned over for a funeral. How his friends and family-my family called him mentally deranged and fought him because he refused to let them properly grieve and move on.

He was abandoned, left destitute and I finally realized the reason why it was just us in the hospital when I woke up.

I looked over at Syn. He was as far away from me on the couch as possible. His forearms were rested on his thighs, his gaze to the ground as Cain told me how hurt they all were. And I heard them. If I could be objective and see no other side but theirs, I could understand.