Chapter 10: I O U

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Cole walked to the door pulling it open "there are two doors, we'll take the one on the left, that's the exit. Make as little noise as possible, the others are in the room to the right" he said. We nodded, quietly we crept out and headed towards the door.

As quietly as we could we pushed it open there was a small creaking but the people in the other room didn't seem to hear it. After a few more corridors and hallways we made it too the outside. According to Cole, some of Janice's people will be on guard so we needed to lay low and be sure we can't be seen while we escape.

I could see snipers wondering around the rooftops to see from above, people hiding in alleyways to cover the ground. Heck I think I evern saw someone in the sewers keeping an eye on things down there!

It was a simple pattern, move when they weren't looking hide when they were. But...it was easier said than done. Being crouched down low, three people one of them particularly large, muscle wise and hard to hide. Yeah, not easy.

We ducked under cars as soon as a sniper began to look in our direction, I ws sat in the middle Cry on one side and Cole on the other. Cole peeked over the top of the car, and with a hand gesture we were off again.

It wasn't long until we made it out of the town of Oblivion and back onto the road, and out of Janice's people's range. Cole stood in front of Cry and I "I owe you two" he said with a small smile.

"Psshh, no you don't" Cry said waving his hand "yes, I do. Especially you (Y/N), you both saved my life and the lives of many more to follow, I owe you a great debt and hopfully one day if we see each other again I can repay you". Cole offered his hand, Cry seemed hesitant but gave it a firm shake.

Cole then turned to me but I refused to take his hand "come with us" I said, both males seemed surprised "miss (Y/N) I-" "you owe us right? So come with us, just-...don't leave" I begged.

Cole pursed his lips before chuckling "if that is what you wish, Mr. Cry and you?" he asked "what? Me? Oh! Yeah, stay! The more the merrier!" he cheered. Cole grinned "then it is settled, I'll go with you". Now I finally shook Cole's hand.

As Cole moved on too shake Cry's hand one more time the masked male smacked his hand away "come here friend!" he yelled before jumping forward and throwing his arms arounf the ginger.

I laughed as the ex military man sputtered and thrashed not used to the affection he received. Hesitantly and awkwardly Cole pat Cry on the back and the 24/25 year old male stepped back, Cole let out a sigh of relief. And smiled nervously "we should get going, they scout around the outskirts at sun set" he pointed to the sky.

Oranges, pinks and purples. Sunset. We could hear faint laughter and footsteps, people were coming and we needed to move. Now. Noow with serious expression we dove into the side of the road, just our luck, another forest.

And this time, I wasn't being sarcastic. The trees would hide us enough that if they saw us, they'd think we were walkers or something. We trekked through the woods as quietly as we could in case they heard us and came too investigate.

"So Cole...you and Janice huh?" Cry asked, I pinched his arm roughly "ow! What was that for?" he whispered rubbing his injury. I sent him a glare "you don't have to answer that Cole" I said sympathetically. Cole sent a sad smile "it's fine, Janice and I were cadets in the same year" he spoke with a far away look in his eyes.

Cry and I were silent while we listened to his story "of course the boys and the girls were separated, we complained about the leightenants together" he chuckled "when we finally got out of training I confessed to her, she said she loved me back and through the years we bumped up the ranks" he sighed "I couldn't keep up with her, soon she was my superior officer".

Cole cleared his throat "one night, I was going to ask her to marry me when she showed she had a knife" he gulped and touched the scar on his neck gingerly "I didn't question it, we carry our weapons with us all the time, just before I asked her she cut me across the throat".

He closed his eyes with a deep breath "she tried to kill me, I left bleeding and dying, she thought she had killed me. When I returned years later and refusing to say a word, she thought she cut my vocal chords and I'll never forget what she said to me that day "Silent suits you my love, be a good dog and never bark again"".

Cole ran a hand through his short hair and laughed sadly "I love-...loved her, which is why I stayed my her side, I let her hurt me and use me. Because it was enough for me to just-" he clenched his fists "it was enough for me to even know she was alive, sound stupid huh?" he scoffed.

I placed a hand on his shoulder "Cole, you said you owed us, but...we owe you too" he furrowed his brows in confusion "why?". I smiled "maybe one day you'll figure it out for yourself.

Yes Cole, I O U.