Chapter 45: Jealousy?

Felix trembled in my arms, he silent sobs turned to quiet sniffles. He tensed with each sniffle, afraid that he was going to wake up Cry, selfless even when he was heart broken.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, feather light into my ear. I shook my head, placing a hand on the nape of his neck to bring him closer, to make sure he felt secure "don't be, you have nothing to be sorry for".

He gave another quiet sniffle in response and nodded his head, only bringing me closer. 

"Guys?"

Felix suddenly tensed in my arms at the sound of Cry's croaky, sleep heavy voice. Pewds pulled back slowly, looking down at his friend with wide eyes.

Cry was looking between us, laying on his side, propped up in his elbow. His lips were parted in surprise "what-- what's going on?" he breathed out.

I glanced to Felix, the blond bit his lip, hesitant to speak up and admit everything he had been keeping in for so long. It wasn't my place to tell if Felix didn't want anyone else to know, so I pulled my arms back and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I had a nightmare, Felix was comforting me, I didn't want to wake you"

Pewds turned to face me, an expression of surprise on his face, one that quickly melted to gratitude.

Cry's lips closed and his jaw visibly clenched and unclenched "you don't have to be afraid of waking me up, I'm here for you, you know that".

I nodded my head with a gently smile "of course, thank you Cry". The masked male sat up and ran a hand through his hair "I'm going-- I'm going to patrol the area" he mumbled, slipping out of bed.

"Oh wait up, I'll come with you" Felix spoke up, moving to stand up.

"No!"

We jumped at the sudden harshness in Cry's voice, he gulped and took a deep breath "sorry, but I can go by myself, you two...you two can stay together".

"Cry wait--" I reached out for the male, but in no time, he had rushed out of the room and slammed the door shut behind him.

I slipped out of the bed quickly, rushing towards the door as I hurriedly pulled it open, I could hear the front door slam shut "geez...why was he so mad?" I mumbled under my breath.

I could hear the quiet, breathy laugh of Felix to my left, and I turned to face the bed. "You really don't see it?" he mumbled as he looked up at me, an expression of disbelief on his face. I furrowed my brows in confusion and made my way towards him.

"See what?"

Pewds ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh "I don't know whether to congratulate him or pity him" he mumbled to himself as he shook his head.

"Pewds, what are you talking about?"

The blond male looked over at me "you really don't know? Cry was Jealous, (Y/N), that's why he stormed off like that".

I blinked at the male before me in surprise, before letting out an amused scoff "you're kidding, right?".

He pursed his lips and shook his head "I can't believe you can't tell (Y/N), it's not really my place to say anything but surely you can guess how he feels because of his obvious jealousy right?".

My lips twitched up into an unsure smile "what-- what are you talking about?" I mumbled hesitantly. Felix sighed and shook his head "you know what I'm talking about (Y/N), no go, look for him. Tell him the real reason we were hugging".

My lips parted, prepared to refuse, but he held up a hand "it's okay, I want you to tell him, it's probably the only way he'd feel less hurt anyways".

I bit my lip and backed up towards the door "thank you Felix" I whispered, as I threw the door open and rushed down the stairs.

"....Yeah, you're welcome".

I pushed the door open quickly, looking around for Cry. The sun was beginning to rise now, searching for him in the light would making things easier.

"Cry! Cry where did you go?" I tried to yell as quietly as I could so I wouldn't wake the other's nor alert any walkers that may be in the area.

"You finished with Felix then?" came a sudden voice from behind me.

I turned around quickly, Cry was sitting on the porch next door, staring down at his feet. I let out a deep sigh of relief as I made my way over to him.

"Can I sit?" I mumbled gently, gesturing to the empty spot beside him. He shuffled over to give more room, although there was plenty, and shrugged his shoulders.

I sat myself down beside him and let out a deep breath "I didn't have a nightmare".

I could practically feel the tension leaking off of the masked male beside me "I figured" he muttered quietly.

"But it wasn't what you thought it was, Cry. Felix and I aren't like that".

"Really? Am I supposed to believe that? He's been all over you from the start, and it's not like you seem so uncomfortable with his attention".

I blinked in surprise, chest tightening uncomfortably at his tone "I was comforting him, he was crying".

Cry paused, his clenched hands loosening before tightening "about?" he mumbled, I let out a deep sigh and ran a hand through my hair "Marzia".

Cry tensed, lifting his head before turning to face me in surprise "...oh", I nodded at his response  "I lied because he's been hiding it this whole time, and it doesn't feel right to be the one to let out his big secret".

He let out a deep breath before scoffing to himself "wow, I feel like an asshole" he mumbled.

I shook my head and leaned over to bump my shoulder against his gently "Felix understands, he knows why you reacted like that".

I could feel his muscles stiffen under my arm "he does, does he?" he mumble nervously with an audible gulp.

I gave a slow nod "and he told me too".

Cry dropped his head with a quiet groan.

"Well crap"