Chapter 41: I should kill you

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We walked until we couldn't see the overrun building any longer. Relief and dread flowed over us, relieved to be out of our captors grasp, dreading being out in the open for another night, to fend for ourselves.

"You're kidding..." I could hear Mark mumbled from the front of the group, I perked up in confusion as they slowed to a stop. Pushing my way through the ground I made my way to the front to see why we had stopped.

I paused as soon as I had reached the front, my lips parting and my eyes widening in surprise. In the distance, we could see them. Them.

Roy and Chris, a few of their minions hanging around them, completely and blissfully unaware of our presence. I could feel my hand drifting towards my gun, anger running through my veins, I clenched my jaw at the memory of everything that had happened.

The wrist of my hand that was drifting towards my gun was gripped and slowly pulled away from the weapon, I looked down at the hand, eyes following up the arm until I had reached the person's face, or in this case, mask.

I took a shaky breath "we have to get passed some how" I mumbled, looking up at him, "just-- don't do anything you'll regret" came his reply.

I paused for a moment "I promise I won't regret it" I whispered back, slowly pulling my wrist out of his grasp. I could see his hand reach for me, about to protest as I marched towards Roy and Chris, my group quickly following behind me.

Roy stopped dead in his light hearted conversation with Chris, smile dropping off of his face as his eyes landed on us. Chris soon following his gaze, and soon, the entire group was standing up with weapons brandished.

"How did you get out?" the short blonde sputtered, eyes wide and stance defensive. My eyes narrowed and jaw clenched "don't lock a group of a dozen people in a room with a shabby wooden door" I huffed out in response.

As soon as Roy had sent a side glance to Chris, the various men and women around ran forward, their intentions clear. Wasting no time, our group ran forward to counter. Weapons clashed, punches were thrown and grunts of effort rang out throughout the air.

I ducked at the oncoming butt of the end of a gun coming for me, my hand shooting up to grab it as I yanked it away from the attacker, sending them toppling to the ground.

I raised the gun over my head, bringing it down quickly on the back of the assailants head, knocking them out instantly.

I looked around, conveniently enough, the amount of minions was perfectly equal to how many of us there were. And with all of us having taken one down, all that was left was Chris and Roy.

I threw the rifle aside and quickly pulled out my hand gun, storming over. Roy stumbled back, his knees giving under my weight, Chris moved to grab his weapon when Cole dove forward, grabbing the male and twisting his arms behind his back to keep him still.

Chris let out a pained cry at the uncomfortable twisting of his arms, turning his head to glare at Cole. I continued to make my way towards the fallen Roy, only stopping when I was standing between his legs, the barrel of my gun, staring down his nose.

"I should kill you" I hissed, I could hear the hesitant and protesting calls of my name from my group behind me.

"You tricked me, sent me on a death trap, and nearly got my group killed" I grabbed the collar of his shirt tightly, pulling him closer "you're a sick little child. Chris can't protect you forever, and when he finally gets it through his thick skull that you're not worth saving, you'll be alone, and you'll die alone. Killing you would be doing you a favour, and I'm not feeling that generous".

I pushed him back roughly, taking a few steps back, my gun still trained on him "but if I ever, ever, see you again. I might have a change of heart".

I reached down to pick up the rifle from earlier, throwing it at his feet "you'll need this if you have any chance of surviving". I gave a light pant, "I want you to count to 100 when we walk away, if you even try to shoot at us, I will come back, and I will personally, shoot you in the spine, so you'll have to lay there, paralyzed while those walkers you set on us tear you apart."

Roy gave a shaky but quick nod, eyes filled with horror. I turned around, gun now aiming at Chris' chest "and you, I thought more of you, to let yourself be manipulated by the likes of him? I thought you were stronger than that, the same goes for you, come after us and his blood will be on your hands" I spat.

Stuffing the gun back in it's holster, I ignored the tears of rage that burned in my eyes, I hated this. I hated having to be so cruel, I hated having to be so inhumane. But that's the way it has to be.

If I didn't set my foot in stone and secure my place with the world the way it is, I'll never survive.

The looks of fear and desperation on my friend's faces back in that room flashed through my mind. My own fear when I narrowly avoided the grasp of all of those walkers, the hope I felt when I was offered the chance to see my group. I squeezed my eyes closed for a moment. Before taking a deep breath "let's go" I mumbled under my breath. 

Cole released his grip on Chris, the male stumbled forward before rushing over to Roy, wrapping his arms around the male "go" Chris mumbled.

I ignored the hushed murmuring of my group behind me, hands balling at my sides as I stepped passed the two, I just want to forget everything that had happened.