Chapter 13: Guts

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

As we walked along, much like before we heard groans, but this time much louder which means, more. As we walked to the top of the hill, below us were walkers, so many of them.

I counted at least 30, gulping I turned to look at my companions that seemed just as panicked as I did "Wait I know what to do!" Cry whisper yelled. We crouched to stay out of the walkers line of sight "we kill and capture a few walkers and cover our bodies in their blood and guts, so we don't smell alive. All we have to do is walk like zombies and we're good to go" he planned.

"Where did you learn that?" Cole asked impressed "in that one episode of the walking dead" he shrugged. I face-palmed, "but it is quite a good idea" I reasoned. Cole nodded in agreement "it's settles then, capture some walkers and put their guts all over us" I said in slight hesitation.

I nodded to the others creeping behind an unsuspecting walker, I lodged the blade of a knife that Cole had lent to me right into the walkers temple. The Walker fell backwards, limp into my arms. Hooking my arms under it's own I walked backwards silently dragging the walker along.

We had 3 walkers, 1 each to cover ourselves with as much decaying juices as we can. Hopefully once we get through we'll be able to find a clothing store and a stream to wash up, if not I won't be a very happy camper. Lodging the blade into the walker's abdomen I dragged the knife to the side, splitting it's stomach open.

The walker's stomach contents spilled onto the floor, I turned my head away stiffling a gag. Making sure I had no open wounds on my hands so I wouldn't get infected if I touched the walker I reached down and picked up the walker's small intestine. Covered in dark blood and clots.

I groaned in disgust as I wiped it on my shirt, the others following my lead. Reaching inside the walker I pulled out a handful of blood and began to wipe it on my arms. Dabbing some on my neck and placing light streaks of it on my face I did my best to block out the smell.

Picking up the small intestine once more I slung it around my neck "nice scarf" Cry teased. I rolled my eyes; soon we were completely covered in Zombie guts and feeling pretty icky.

"Alright! Everyone start limping" we began to walk clumsily down the hill. I gulped down my nervousness as we began to mix with the crowd of walkers. As I passed a female she lifted her nose into the air, taking a whiff. The walker stared at me for a few moments before moving on.

Deciding that sighing in relief would blow our cover I kept quiet. A large walker, with a hole in it's stomach, it's insides pouring out stopped in front of me. I bumped into it letting out a silent curse word. The walker hissed, I repeated the action before moving around it.

"You okay?" Cole whispered "aside from the fact, I'm sticky, smelly and wearing guts around my neck...I'm great" I replied earning a chuckle from both males.

After pushing our way through the rest of the walkers, I let out a deep sigh throwing the guts off of me. "If there isn't some place we can wash off I think I'm going to rip my hair out" I muttered to myself.

We appeared to be in a semi-large town, the sign was painted over well...I hoped it was pain. In red over the sign were the words "GET OUT". I heard a gun being cocked and something cold being pressed onto the back of my head.

I let out a groan "not again" before raising my hands. We were surrounded "now why don't y'all tell me, why in the Lord's name you're covered in guts?".