Chapter 29: Hold me

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

As soon as I stumbled away from the male tied to the tree, Cry rushed forward, arms outstretched. He placed an arm around my shoulders to steady me, his other hand coming to rest on my bicep.

"Let's get you out of here" came his soft whisper as he slowly lead me back to the fire. My fingers trembled, hands clenching as I desperately tried to hide how shaken up I obviously appeared. 

Cry sat me down in seat close to the fire that I had taken up earlier, sitting himself down next to me. I could feel his gaze on me as I stared down at the flames, pulling the dampening coat closer to my frame.

The male beside me let out a deep sigh, shuffling closer "are you still cold?" he whispered "there's a blanket in the back of the other car, I'll go get it". Cry shifted as he began to push himself off of the floor, without even recognizing what I had done, I immediately reached out and grasped the fabric of his shirt "please don't leave" I whispered hurriedly.

Eyes wide in panic, I stared up at him, as though the thought of him leaving my side at this moment terrified me.

Cry's entire figure stiffened, staring down at me with obvious surprise. As though my words finally sunk in, he slowly lowered himself back down "okay, I'm not going anywhere" the male reassured.

"Hold me, please" my voice cracked pitifully mid sentence, and through the short mask, I could see him bite his lip, chewing on it gently before he wrapped his arms around me, making sure to move slowly so as not to frighten me.

Slowly pulling me towards his chest, I tucked my head under his chin, bringing my knees up to my chest as I moved close, taking in as much of his warmth as I could. I let my eyes fall closed, my lower lip trembling as my brows furrowed.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Sssh" the male replied, bringing my closer "get some rest, okay?".

With no strength to argue, I let myself relax, and drift off in the safety of Cry's arms.

~*~*~*~*~

My head rose and fell gently, at a steady pace, I could feel a rthmic thumping under my ear. A warmth coming from, whatever it was that I was using as a pillow.

Memories of the events just before I fell asleep flashed through my mind, with a quiet yet embarrassed groan, I blinked my eyes open.

The sudden brightness wasn't the best thing to wake up to, blinking away the brief blindness, I slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position, looking down at the chest I had used at my pillow.

Cry was still fast asleep, with a deep sigh of relief that I had avoided an awkward awakening I glanced off to the side, and was certainly not prepared for the double take that I had. Sitting on a few feet away was none other than Felix.

He squatted down, his head in his hands, watching the two of us the largest and possible the creepiest smug grin I had ever seen him wear.

"Shut up" I warned him, holding up my finger.

His grin widened if possible but he soon after faked an offended expression "I didn't say anything!" he sputtered, I shook my head "I don't care, I know what you're thinking, shut up".

Despite my obvious embarrassment, I couldn't help the smile tugging at my lips, Felix was always good for a smile. Slowly rising to my feet, I pulled the blonde's jacket off of my shoulders "thank you" I mumbled as I handed it to him.

"I'm warm now thanks to you"

"Are you sure it's thanks to m-- ow!" the Swedish held his assaulted arm in his hand, snickering quietly.

I pushed him gently "come on, let's not wake him up, I don't want to be trembling by the fire anymore", the wide grin across the male's faltered slightly.

I shook my head "don't make that face Felix, sadness doesn't look quite right on you" I looked up at him with a reassuring smile. It took a minute or two, but the bright smile returned to his features "you're right! Let's go see if the other's are awake".

And as Felix and I jogged off to see if we could tick off an already grumpy morning Dan, we both failed to noticed the masked man sitting by the fire placed, frown on his features and hands balled into fists.

But it wasn't quite anger that he felt watching us, but something very, very close...