Chapter 38: Escape plan

lmao @ myself for not realizing two of my chapters have the same name

My feet struggled to keep up with the pace of which I was being dragged. The masked men dragged me along quickly towards my cell, it seemed even after risking my life to get them the key, their treatment would be exactly the same.

Bursting the door open to a cell, I was thrown in and the door was slammed closed behind me. A yelp left my lips as I toppled onto the floor, groaning at the pain that seared through my scraped knees.

"Who's there?" came a sudden but familiar voice, I slowly used my arms to push myself up off of the ground "Cry?" I mumbled back.

Seeing through the darkness of the room wasn't easy, but with slow steps, my outstretched out brushed his shoulder. "(Y/N)? You're back, what did they make you do?" he asked worriedly.

My hands slowly trailed upwards, I could feel his tense under my hands as my hands came up to his blindfold, pulling the fabric off of his face.

My eyes were slowly adjusting to the light, and now I barely saw a flash of blue before I blinked away for his privacy. Walking around him to untie his hands quickly before sitting myself down on the floor in front of him, I leaned back against his legs.

Taking a deep breath and stretching my aching legs in front of me, I leaned my head back against his knees, sighing deeply. "They had me go out alone" I mumbled quietly, immediately I could feel the male tense.

But Cry remained silent, allowing me to finish my sentence "they wanted me to get a key, to the supermarket where there's probably a life time of supplies, apparently one of their people was chased into a house and was dropped it when they were escaping."

"The hoard was still there when I got there" I continued quietly, "I barely made it out". I could feel a hand lay itself ontop of my head, as though silently comforting me. I subconsciously leaned into the contact.

"They gave me a gun, but even so, I doubt there was enough bullets in there to take out all of the walkers".

"Hey, turn around" Cry mumbled quietly, I paused, surprised by his words "but your face" I responded equally as quietly.

"Don't worry about that, it's dark" he reassured, biting my lip, I followed his instruction and turned around slowly, hesitantly glancing up at his face.

And he was right, due to the dark I could barely make out his face, the only part visible was his bright blue orbs. "Your eyes are blue" I whispered to myself, a breathy laugh left his lips "yes they are" he replied, head nodding slowly.

"Since you can't use your eyes..." his voice trailed off, reached down, his fingers wound around my wrists gently, lifting my hands up towards his face. I let him guide my hands until my fingertips came in contact with the slight roughness of stubble, which was to be expected, shaving was a luxury the apocalypse didn't allow.

He slipped my hands up further until my hands cupped his cheeks, his hands slowly released my wrists and he allowed me to do what I wished. I paused for a moment, with a deep breath, my fingers shifted.

Thumbs brushing under his eyes, of which I could see falling closed. My own eyes closed, fingertips slowly gliding along his skin, I tried to map out his features in my head.

From the strong structure of his jawline, to the slight rise in his cheekbones. From his temples down to his chin, "why do you wear the mask?" I whispered quietly. His eyes slowly opened, and he let out a soft sigh.

"The air of mystery I suppose, people would know me for my voice, something that would be known to me and me only. Mark has a great voice, but people know his face" he pointed out "I'm the only me there is".

"As for why I keep it in during a zombie apocalypse? Well-- force of habit, I suppose. Thank you for respecting it".

His head turned to the side, lips grazing against my palm. I gulped, eyes open to look at him. His piercing eyes were already set on me, slowly closed part way as he pressed his lips to my palm.

There was a loud bang and the door was hurriedly pulled open, as light flooded into the room I quickly turned my head to see who had intruded.

"We leave you for a few minutes and you're already all over each other" came a familiar and unwanted voice.

"Roy--" I mumbled, drawing my hands back from Cry's face and turning around, standing in front of the seated male protectively.

"Calm down, (Y/N), I'm not going to touch your boyfriend, I have my own" he rolled his eyes, arms crossing over his chest. "I came to give you a proposition, I'll let you stay with your beloved for one night as a thank you for coming back with the key, Hell I'll even let you see your other little friends".

My eyes widened and I blinked in surprise "you're kidding" I mumbled, he held up his hands in mock surrender "100% honest, I'm not as evil as you think, even your boyfriend can come along for the big family reunion".

"Uh-- of course, I'll take the deal"

"(Y/N)..." Cry mumbled warily as a grin spread across Roy's face, "It's okay Cry, I've already done what he's asked, this is just him adding to his end of the deal".

Our captor clapped his hands excitedly "perfect! Then goodnight! I'll see you in the morning to take you to your friends~" he purred.

The male reached out to grasp the handle of the door and slowly, he swung it closed slowly, and soon, we were in darkness once again. I turned to face Cry once again "(Y/N) I have a bad feeling about this" he mumbled.

"Cry, we'll all be together, we can plan a way out, we'll over power them, this is our best and only option. I don't like it either, but what else can we do? We don't even know where the others are".

It was silent for a few moments before his jaw clenched and he let out a deep breath "alright then, seems we have an escape plan".