Chapter 27: So Help Me God

*Cry's P.O.V*

(Y/N)'s lips were a pale blue, her skin icy cold to the touch, not a breath escaping her. Her frail body jumped each time I pumped down on her chest, I slapped away the gentle hands that tried to get me to stop, to give up.

I couldn't. I shouldn't. I won't.

I won't give up. I won't just let her die without trying.

"Come on (Y/N)! Don't give up on me, breathe, breathe" I coaxed, pumping down on her chest once again, panting heavily. Gulping I stopped my hands, tilted her head back, with one hand I managed to pulled her lips apart and her jaw down, the other pinched her nose closed.

Sucking in a deep breath I leaned down, luckily my mask stopped before it reached my lips. Pushing my lips up against hers, I squeezed my eyes closed and released my breath into her lungs. I pulled back and sucked in a deep breath, leaning down to repeat the action.

After 3 breaths, I leaned back and began pumping down on her chest again "Cry..." Ohm mumbled "no! She can do this! She can fight this!" I growled. Just as I leaned down to fill her lungs once again, her body jerked, eyes snapping open as he coughed violently, water spilling from her lips.

"(Y/N)" I whispered, grasping her wrist and tugging her up to a sitting position, one hand on her back, I rubbed her spine soothingly "breathe, breathe" I whispered as I gasped for breath. Trembling, tears spilling from her eyes without her control. She gripped onto my wet shirt tightly, trembling under my hands "does someone have a dry jacket?".

Pewds instantly pulled off his coat and handed it to me, I laid it over her shoulder "C-Cry" she whimpered "it's okay, (Y/N). It's okay". (Y/N)'s bottom lip trembled before she let out a broken sob and reached forward, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly.

I glided my arms around me waist and pulled her against me tightly, burying my face in her neck, my mask shifting slightly. Her hands grasped the back of my shirt tightly, her face hidden in my neck as she sobbed against me.

I rose my face, glaring at Devlin through my mask "you're dead" I mouthed to him, before pulling her closer "It's okay, shh" I whispered, running my hand over her hair to soothe her. Mark placed on hand on Devlin's shoulder and Jack placed his hand on the other "Come on Devlin~" Mark purred with a smile "let's have a little chat~" Jack finished as they led him away.

(Y/N) took sharp, hollow gasps as she struggled to make up for lost breath "m-my seatbelt... was stuck" she panted out "shh, shh, don't say anymore. Come on, let's get you warm" I mumbled, wrapping my arms around her, assisting her to stand.

(Y/N)'s knees buckled weakly, unable to find the strength to stand by herself. Reaching down, I scooped my arm under the bend of her knees and lifted her up. The trembling of her fragile body against mine, caused my chest to constrict painfully "someone start a fire, please".

Ohm and Nova got to it, quickly arranging twigs and dry grass into a pile - using a lighter to set the dry grass alight. Throwing more branches so the fire could grow, when it was a moderate size, I sat her down by the fire and took my place next to her, rubbing her arms to keep her warm.

She stared into the flames, eyes glazed over, it was to be expected after a near death experience that close. 

"(Y/N)?"

There was no reaction "(Y/N) look at me", she kept her sights locked on the flames. I gave a light sigh and placed my hand on her cheek, turning her to face me. Her eyes went wide "s-sorry, did you call me?".

I placed my hand on the back of her head and pulled her towards me in a hug "I'll keep you safe, I swear to you, I'll keep you safe".