Chapter 33: Where the hell am I?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

A painful throbbing resounded in my skull, my brain pulsing inside my head. I let out a pained groan, squeezing my eyes closed as a high pitched ringing sounded in my ears. There was a horrible taste in my mouth, my jaw ached painfully and my cheeks were compressed.

There was a rag tied around my face, pushed into my mouth. I let out a ragged breath through my nose as the panic of the situation sunk in, my wrists were sore, rubbing against the painfully frayed rope that bound them.

"Is she awake?" came a rough, unfamiliar voice.

"Seems like it" another voice.

I slowly attempted to open my eyes, my brows furrowed in pain at the throbbing in my head, the light in the room was dim, thankfully. 

"Rise and shine, Princess" there was a light slap to my cheek, forcing my eyes open. I gave a gasp, choking on the dust that I sucked off of the filthy rag.

Coughing into the rag, I squeezed my eyes closed until the fit ended. Calming down, breathing heavily through my nose to save my lungs from the dust. Opening my irritated eyes, I glared up at the two men, they stood next to each other, hands on their hips to make sure my attention went to their hips.

And attached to their hips, were gun filled holsters. I gulped and trailed my eyes up back to their smirk ridden faces, the shorter of the two stepped towards me, gripping the cloth, he tugged it down roughly, forcing it out my mouth.

I lowered my head to spit on the ground, pushing the horrible taste out of my mouth. Panting shakily, I rose my head my once again "where the hell am I?" I asked, my voice rough and strained as I tried to ignore the tickling feeling of something dripping down the back of my neck.

Judging from the horrible pain coming from the back of my head, I could only guess that they had hit my in the back. My memories of being taken were hazy and I could barely piece the thoughts in my head together.

"You're in our little interrogation room" the taller mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "And where is that exactly?" I pushed, his eyebrows furrowed "not falling for that Missy".

"Let's move onto why you're here, hm?" the shorter of the two seemed much more chipper, taking a step towards me "you see, it's dangerous for a large group of people to be causing a lot of noise near our base, it attracts the greenies" he explained.

"Greenies?" I questioned

"That's what he calls the dead" the taller sighed, exasperated.

"So why kidnap us then? Why not just force us to move on?" I asked, brows furrowing in anger and confusion.

"Because don't you see? We're being tested, it's survival of the fittest. We need to eliminate you to get us one step closer to survival" the shorter continued, the smile on his face was almost twisted, a frightening look in his eyes.

"You seriously believe that?" I whispered in disbelief "this isn't a game, if anything we should be joining each other, if all the living work together we have a higher chance of surviving"

That was obviously not the thing he wanted to hear, the smile dropped off of his face. He stood up straight, stepping back to join the taller male's side. Instantly the smaller of the two wrapping his arms around the taller's arm, clinging to him.

"Chris, I don't like her" he mumbled quietly, looking up at the other.

"You say that about everyone, Roy" Chris rolled his eyes as he said this, pulling his arm out of Roy's grip.

Roy glared at me, hazel eyes narrowed in annoyance. He blew upwards, moving his blonde hair out of the way before crossing his arms with a huff and turning away.

Chris rolled his own dark brown eyes, running a hand through his black hair "you really had to show her us fighting? This is pathetic, we'll be back for you later, or whatever" Chris turned around, grasping Roy's wrist and dragging him out of the room.

The door shut with a slam, causing me to flinch, my shoulder's dropped and I let out a quick breath "you're kidding, they're my kidnappers?" I mumbled to myself. Sitting back against the chair I shook my head, wincing at the pain it caused.

They weren't exactly as scary as I had expected them to be, but the look that flashed through Roy's eyes amidst his ranting was something that I couldn't ignore.

These two were hiding something, and I'm not sure it's something I really want to figure out.