Chapter 47: Goddammit Felix

Waking to warm, protective arms wrapped around you was a hard feeling to describe. It spread a comfortable sensation of security through one's chest. It made you feel like everything that was happening outside this small street of houses was just a pointless nightmare. It made you forget.

And when I open my eyes to look up at the owner of the warmth, the gentle smile I was met with was nothing short of a reward.

I almost missed the warm of his arm around me as he lifted it to place a gentle hand on my face, thumb brushing against my cheekbone. His lips parted with a silent inhale and before his vocal chords could form the first syllable, the door burst open.

"Bros! We're go-- oh"

Cry and I darted away from each other hurriedly, sitting up and staring at the door with wide eyes. Pewds stood there, leaning on the door frame with a proud smirk, behind him a flustered Cole.

The red head put a hand on the Swedish man's shoulder "I told you we shouldn't interrupt" he mumbled quietly. Felix only waved his hand and shook his head "I'm glad they stopped being so stubborn" was his only reply.

"But yeah, while you two were being all mushy, I was going to say that Cole and I, along with a few other's are going to patrol the area, y'know, make sure the walkers are really nowhere near here, you two can stay and be all-- romantic and gross if you want".

Felix beamed "not too gross okay?" he mumbled teasingly, Cry sat up, grabbing a pillow from behind him and throwing it towards the male, managing to hit him in the chest.

Pewds bent forward with a breathless laugh and quickly shut the door before another could hit him "don't do anything I would do!" he yelled from the other side.

"Isn't the saying "anything I wouldn't do?"" I could hear Cole's faint mumble.

"I know what I said".

I let out an amused snort at the conversation, shaking my head slowly before turning to glance at Cry. He pinched the nose bridge of his mask, shaking his head in embarrassment "I'm sorry about him, he's-- impossible" he mumbled under his breath "honestly".

"It's fine, we haven't had a proper talk about where this is going to go anyways, he may have saved us a little awkwardness" I muttered.

Cry paused before nodding in agreement "you have a point" he admitted, turning to face me "so you want to talk then?".

I bit my lip before nodding slowly, sitting facing him "so we've established that we like each other" I started, to which he nodded "does that mean we should start dating?".

"Well I'd like to, but I don't know how you'd feel about that" he mumbled with a light shrug, I glanced aside briefly with a slow nod "yeah, yeah I'd like that".

Cry cleared his throat and shuffled closer "so um-- should we..." he bit his lip, trailing off and slowly shuffling closer. I nervously tucked my hair behind my ear and moved to sit closer, our knees pressed against each other now.

I took a shaky breath and looked up at him with a nod, signifying that I was ready. Cry gave a nod of his own and slowly, he began to lean forward. I gulped, swallowing down any nervousness and slowly began to inch forward myself.

Leaning into each other, it was only a moment until the tip of my nose brushed against the cold plastic of his mask. I could feel his trembling breath against my lips, the sound of my rapid heartbeat echoed in my ears.

"Will you guys hurry up and kiss already?!" there was a loud yell from the other side of the door, Felix's unmistakable voice. 

With wide eyes, we backed up, hands flying over mouths in embarrassment and realization of what we were about to do.

"Gaddammit Felix!"

There was a loud snicker before a yelp and the sound of fading protests as Cole dragged the blond away from the door.

Cry let out a loud sigh of frustration and ran a hand over his face "now we have to set up the mood all over again" he grumbled "things were awkward enough as it is".

The corners of my lips turned up in amusement and I shook my head, reaching out and cupping his cheeks gently "Cry" I whispered gently, to which he tensed, mouth closing to stop his nervous rambling.

"Shut up and kiss me already"