Chapter 2

The team had continued with their travelling. Callum was still mad from the earlier events but he tried his best to forget about it.

"There's a river over there! We can get some water!" Yelled Ezran who was riding Zym.

The two stayed above the trees to be a lookout. You never know what might be lurking around.

Callum gave a nod and headed towards the direction his step-brother pointed at.

Meanwhile, Soren was talking to Claudia as he was holding her and her boyfriend's rope. Rayla stayed behind to mark trees and rocks in case they get lost.

Rayla stared at Callum the whole walk. She couldn't help but notice his tense body. She shrugged it off thinking he was just trying to stay alert.

She slashed another tree with her knife, making sure it's deep enough for them to notice.

They reached the river and Callum started gathering some water on a few bottles.

The others were taking a break. They had been walking for hours under the hot blazing sun.

Soren continued to talk to the two prisoners after tying them up in a tree. Ezran played with Zym while Bait slept under a large tree, it's shadows protecting him from the sun.

Rayla sat next to the glow-toad, meditating. She has gone soft. And she needed to be sharp.

She tuned out everything else. The only sound she could hear, was her breathing.

Callum looked at from afar. He blushed at the sight of her. She looked beautiful. But Callum couldn't tell her that. Considering how he's treated her ever since she came back, there is no way.

Actually, he didn't hate her at all. Well, maybe just a little.. But the way he's treated her, it was just his anger about other things.

He just let out to her. He knew it wasn't right. But that can't be reversed now..

He shook his head to clear all thoughts before coming out of the tree he's been hiding in.

"Alright team!" He spoke up. Everybody looked at him. "We should get going. Dusk is in a few hours and we don't want to travel in the dark."

Everyone stood up and grabbed their things. And Soren grabbed the two. But before leaving, Rayla made sure to mark the tree and a rock.
<><><><><><><><>

3 hours later, they had stopped for another rest and refill. The sun is starting to set but they made sure to move quick.

Rayla was grabbing berries from the trees and dropping them in a small sack.

They ran out of bread so fruits and leaves was their only option. The good thing was, Katolis was only a few days away.

They were in the forest behind two kingdoms. And it was only a matter of time until they reach one kingdom.

Rayla had already filled half of the sack. But out of tiredness, she didn't notice and continued to lazily fill the bag.

She got back to the group soon enough.

She handed the bag of berries to Callum, who almost fell due to the heavy weight.

He wanted to ask the elf about it but she was already sitting against a tree, fast asleep. He looked at her with narrowed eyes but seeing her tired expression, his gaze softened.

He sighed and opened the sack, only to find that it was filled to the top. His eyes widened.

He looked at the group and sheepishly smiled.

"Anyone hungry?" He asked. Everybody turned to him and said yes. He nodded and started dropping some berries on the ground.

20 for Ezran, 20 for Soren, 20 each for Claudia and the earthblood(whose name they learned was Terry), and 20 each for Bait and Zym.

They gobbled up the food and Callum turned to Rayla. Her face looked distressed and he got worried. He set the sack down to the ground and walked over to the assassin.

He knelt down and observed her face. She looked a little pale. He took her wrist and lifted it up before releasing it. Her arm dropped to her side.

He narrowed his gaze. Her limbs are weak. It was limp. But for one final test, he placed the back of his hand to her forehead.

As he thought. She had a fever. She coughed violently and groaned. From this, he concluded that it wasn't just a fever. She was sick. And she needed shelter immediately.

He stood up.

"Alright, let's get moving. We need to find shelter, quick."

Soren looked at him, mouth full of berries. "What's the rush?" His voice was muffled.

"Rayla is sick." Everyone gasped. "She is? I-I mean," Soren gulped down the food before clearing his throat. "She is?" He asked again, his voice much clearer this time.

Callum gave them a nod.

"Ez, do you mind if she rides on Zym?" The mage turned to his brother.

"Not at all." He got off the storm dragon just as Callum walked over, carrying Rayla, bridal style.

He set her down on the dragon's back. "She's gonna fall." He thought. His eyes landed on Claudia who was staring at the elf in worry.

He inwardly groaned.

"Soren give me Claudia's rope." He held out his hand. Soren nodded and bent down to untie her.

Once he got her out the tree, he started to remove the rope from her wrists. He gave it to Callum.

The mage started wrapping the rope around Zym's stomach and Rayla.

"Sorry for this Zym but it will only be for a while." He muttered. He tied the ends on top of Rayla's stomach and he made sure that it was tight, but comfortable.
<><><><><><><><><>

A/N: i know this was short but I did not have the motivation to finish this. And I'm sorry that this took a bit long to upload but it has been a stressful week for me. I had exams so I didn't have time to update. Next chapter will be out soon. See ya!✌