Chapter 27

Callum started a steady pace back to Katolis. His brows were furrowed as he walked along the path.

He was halfway through Xadia and was determined to leave before the day ends.

This place is cursed. Everytime he comes here he always ends up into some kind of trouble that leaves him with a near death experience.

Well what else can you expect from a magical land filled with magical creatures.

Okay. Rewind. Magical beings. Calling them creatures is kinda offensive.

They are just a little different from humans after all.

Four fingers, magical abilities, accent, and appearance.

So yeah. Not that different.
<><><><><><><>

Rayla ran along the path as she looked left and right for any sign that Callum had been there.

She had been running for a while now but she was still good to go. She felt little pain on her feet and a little feeling of numbness on her leg too.

But the rush and adrenaline took over most of her senses so she couldn't really feel anything. Either that or she just dosen't care.

In truth, a part of her didn't want to stop. A smaller voice told her it's dangerous if she keeps going nonstop but she doesn't comply.

She had never felt so good! So alive! It was a new feeling. And she loved it.

She loved how much adrenaline she had. She loved the wind hitting her face. She loved being fast.

She loved going at full speed with absolutely no intention to stop until he was in sight.

The feeling was... exhilarating.

She felt so free. So.. alive.

It was something she wanted to last forever.

Everything passed by her in blur. That just proved how fast she was going. And she was proud.

She grinned widely and inhaled the nostalgic scent of fresh forest air.

She loved the scent. It reminded her of her family. Of her training. Of her hometown. And of her childhood.

She was feeling amazing. She felt like she was about to jump off a cliff and into a refreshing lake.

Not noticing, she went even faster.

She didn't realy care how fast she was going. She was just fast. That's all that mattered.

Her already wide grin became even wider if that was possible.

She felt absolutely unstoppable.
______________

Hey guys! Ik this was hella short but I wanted to keep it that way. This one is mostly focused on Rayla as you could probably tell. I gave her a freedom kinda moment like I did with Callum a few chapters back. The next one will prbly have a timeskip. Idrk. See ya!✌️