Chapter Ezran

Ezran POV:

Timeline: day after Callum left

It was early morning. The sun was just rising. I was surprisingly up and dressed.

It was unusual for me to be up this early especially since I had a hard time sleeping yesterday.

I was worried sick about Callum and Rayla.

Rayla just left again and we don't have a reason this time. My only brother then followed her and now I don't know if they are both alright.

Callum couldn't have gotten that far out and Rayla was an expert in long travels but I still worries.

I have travelled too, afterall. I know about the dangers and I know how hard it is to survive.

While they both have excellent skills, that doesn't mean it's not possible for them to get hurt.

I could've stopped Callum but when my brother came to him for permission, I realized how important that was to him.

I don't know why I just figured it had something to do with their past relationship.

The moment he barged into the throne room, I could see the desperation in his eyes. I could see how much hope he held on to.

And with that look in his eyes, I just couldn't say no.

It would be cruel.

I pushed the balcony doors open and walked out into the chilly air. I leaned against my arms on the railing as I thought about things some more.

I didn't realize how long I had been standing out there with my thoughts until I heard a knock and a voice from the other side of the main door.

I walked back inside and opened the door to reveal a guard.

"Good morning king Ezran. Breakfast is in the dining hall. Should I inform high mage Callum?" The guard said.

I shook my head, faking a smile as I did so.

I would need to tell the council about his short-term leave myself.

His leave could cause a few things to get messy so we would need to find a solution to fill in his duties.

"But please inform the council members about an emergency meeting I would hold later morning."

He nodded, bowing before leaving to do as told.

I walked to the dining hall and sat down, mouth watering at the food before me.
<><><><><><><>

"King Ezran, may I ask why this meeting was called?" Opeli said as she took her seat.

"I will get to that soon. Is everyone here?" I looked around the room.

"Everyone except Bait and Callum." Said Soren.

"Should I go look for them king Ezran?" Opeli offered. "No need." I shook my head.

"I have gathered you all here because we need to talk about something."

I eyed everyone. They all looked at each other with questioning and worried eyes.

"Callum has left." I announced. Shocked eyes filled the room and their muttering filled the silence.

"Why did he leave?" Barius questioned.

"That is a private matter which I will not share." I looked at Soren and saw his knowing eyes.

"The point is, we need to find a way to complete his tasks while he's away. And if you must know, he will be gone for about a month or two."

"King Ezran, may I suggest splitting everything?" Opeli spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

"We can split the tasks of the high mage. A part of it will go to each of us and we will complete it for him by the end of the day." She explained.

"That would be great. Now I have to go. Opeli, you can assign tasks to us. I will make sure we all finish it today." I said and got up from my seat.

"I trust you all will be responsible enough for this." I walked out, leaving them to discuss.
<><><><><><><>

Timeline: 1 week after Callum left

It had been a week since my brother left. I was waiting for him to send some news all week.

Nothing really came.

Eventually, I forgot about it under the influence of the tons of work I had to do.

It was a regular day today. I sat in the throne room, answering letters from the other kingdoms.

A guard entered and handed me a rolled up sheet of paper.

"A letter from the high mage, king Ezran." They bowed as I took it. They left the room and I was feeling excited.

I opened the paper and read what my brother had wirtten.

Dear Ez,

I'm still on the road. I haven't found Rayla yet. Xadia is only a few days away from where I am. Thanks for sending me Bait. He's good company. Again, I'm not sure how long this will take. I trust that you were able to complete the duties I left behind. Sorry for that. I know everyone is pretty busy. Anyways, I'll be writing to you every week. Hope you're alright there.

Sincerely, Callum

I smiled as I finished reading. It was short, but it was all that I needed to make sure he was alive and well.
<><><><><><>

Timeline: weeks after Callum left

It had been a few weeks. Callum still hasn't returned. But he has been sending letters every week as promised.

Based on his last letter, it seemed he won't be home for a while.

Apparently, things got complicated. I don't why or what was happening, but I trust Callum to fix whatever was happening.

Things here in Katolis have been alright.

We got used to the routine of completing Callum's duties along with our own.

The first time, things were a complete mess. We didn't know how to do his tasks correctly as he had been doing it by himself for years.

But we eventually got it.

We have to admit, his tasks were a handful. We don't know how he did it with no problem but I guess it was just something only he could do better.

Anyway, we cant wait for him to come back.
_______________

Woo! Finished! It will be like this for all the separate chapters. Idk if it's all going to be long or short but I'll try to make it good. So now you guys know what happened to Ezran during the story. I hope it makes sense. See ya!✌️