Chapter 15

Callum flew above the forest of Xadia. Based on his tracking spell, she had stopped in a place that would take him an hour to go to.

He concluded that she must've already arrived in Silvergrove.

Only a few more hours left and he will finally get to talk to Rayla.

It has been weeks since he left to go after her. He just hoped all his efforts are not put to waste.

Still flying, Callum went through his plan when he gets to Silvergrove.

Step 1: Find Rayla
Step 2: Convince her to go back
Step 3: Hope that all goes well and she agrees
Step 4: Go back with her if she says yes.

Seems pretty easy. But knowing Rayla, it will take a lit more than convincing to get her to go back.

He would probably need to beg or something.

Though he hopes that's no something he needs to do.
<><><><><><>

Rayla sat in a seat in Ethari's home, a bowl of hot porridge in front of her.

However, she dosen't really feel like eating. She stared at her food as she took little bites.

Her wrist and leg still felt pretty painful. She was tired too. And she really wasn't in the mood to talk.

"So how's things going for you Rayla?" Ethari awkwardly asked in an attempt to break tense silence that filled the room.

"Fine." She answered nonchalantly.

Ethari had been quick to notice her odd behavior. He thought it was because they haven't seen each other in a long time.

But she was barely talking to him. Maybe it was the medicine he had her take...

"H-how's that boy of yours?" He cocked up an eyebrow in a desperate attempt to act interested.

Truth to be told, he dosen't care if she will not tell him. He just wants her to feel comfortable and at ease.

She seemed to be deep in thought. And he noticed how her muscles wouldn't relax.

Is she not feeling good?

But as he asked the question, he saw her shoulders rise and remain like that.

"We... we broke up..." She whispered ever so silently.

"Oh.. I'm sorry...", was all he could think to say.

"Are you okay Rayla? Your muscles have been tense for a few hours. And you're not talking. You barely even touched your food."

"I'm fine Ethari. I'm just feeling tired, is all..." She gave him a small fake smile.

He felt bad for her. Whatever she went through for the last few years must've taken a toll on her.

And he felt bad that she couldn't even relax around him. It was like they didn't know each other.

And he noticed that everytime they hear an owl's hoot, she would always take her knives out in preparation to attack.

'Has she been in the wilderness that long?' He thought.

She was probably already trained to that. Her mind must've subconsciously kept her alert at all times.

It was natural after all. She has been travelling out into the dangerous world for a while.

Ethari looked at her contorted face. It was as if she was having a battle inside her.

Or her injuries were badly hurting.

Ethari quietly sighed.
__________