Chapter 13

After crossing the gateway, Rayla made it into the forests of Xadia. All she needed to do was go to Silvergrove, find Ethari, and get her foot treated.

She hopped on the ground, only one foot keeping her steady. The injury had gotten even worse and it hurt more that before.

She needed to hurry.

She leaned against the tree and scrambled on her foot to jump to the next one.

But as she held the tree, her hand slipped, causing her to fall over and land face first into the ground.

She pushed herself up with her arms but it was no use as her wrist gave out.

She groaned through her gritted teeth. Of course the universe had to make things worse.

She punched the ground repeatedly with her non-injured hand.
<><><><><><>

Callum arrived at the gateway, feeling exhausted. With his body slumped, he took small steps inside the barrier.

"Manus... Pluma... Volantus..." He said, panting in between words. His wings didn't appear though.

As he took a step, he tripped over a rock and fell to the ground.

Callum could feel his already drenched face get even more sweaty. He was near lava after all.

Bait stood in front of his face, giving a worried look.

"I'm fine Bait. I just need to rest for the day.." Callum drew a rune, activating his breeze dome.

The air formed around him and surrounded the two, cooling them off.

Callum turned to lie on his back. His arms and legs were spread out, making himself comfortable in his current position.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the air as he felt the immense amount of sweat on his body slowly start to evaporate.
<><><><><><>

After trying time and time again, Rayla eventually gave up trying to stand and instead started to crawl.

She pushed her body forward, feeling her clothes rub against the ground, preventing her from moving faster.

'Dang it... how can I be quick?'

She took off most of the gear attached to her clothes and tossed it aside.

She could make a new one soon.

With her uninjured foot, she pushed herself forward, her other arm digging into the ground.

She now moved quicker than she has before. That was good.
<><><><><><><>

Callum sat cross-legged inside of his breeze dome, eyes closed and fingers touching.

He was in the middle of meditating. He needed the extra power. He has spent most of his energy on the last few days.

He needed a spiritual time to recharge and reconnect with his magic.

He took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before exhaling, only focusing on all the magic he has done.

After hours, he finally felt something. He was less tired, he felt more energetic, and his back straightened.

He was feeling lighter. More better and healthy.

He just needed to wait some more and he will be back to normal.

And in addition to his recharging, Callum was also searching for a trace of Rayla.

So far, he had concluded that she was somewhere in the forests of Xadia. All he needed to do was follow her, be quick, and take her back to Katolis.

Sounds simple enough.
___________