Chapter 16

It has been a day since Rayla reunited with Ethari. She thought she would be ecstatic to see him again.

But she dosen't feel excited or happy at all. She dosen't even know what she's feeling.

She was uncomfortable but comfortable at the same time. She feels as if she wants to leave immediately but feels extremely guilty to even think about running off.

So she stayed in bed, too tired to get up.

While Rayla was trying to sort out her thoughts, Ethari was in the main room, playing with Stella.

He was still quite worried about his adoptive daughter. But the cuddle monkey needed some attention.

And he figured that Rayla might want some space.

Ethari petted Stella's head, looking towards the direction of the room Rayla was staying in.

"You think she's okay, little fella?" He gazed down to Rayla's pet.

Stella chirped, tilting her head with a small smile that reassured Ethari.

"You're right. She's probably just resting." He lightly chuckled.
<><><><><><>

Callum stood in front of Silvergrove. He was hiding behind a tree as to not alert any citizens who might see him.

He has stayed in the forest near the small village, debating on his decision to take her back to Katolis.

He has thought about it all day and imagined the all the possible  outcomes.

She could say no. She might kick him out even. She might go back back with him. Or, she breaks his heart...
<><><><><><><>

Rayla was in the forest near  Silvergrove, angrily throwing punches at a tree.

She reluctantly got out of bed after a hours of convincing from Ethari.

Ethari left after she ate breakfast so she was home alone. Well not really alone. Stella was with her.

But she desperately needed some fresh air so she left to go train.

But somehow, instead of training, she ended up taking out her anger on a tree.

She didn't even know why she was angry. She was just feeling like it.

"AHH!!" Without thinking, she threw one last punch with her injured hand, giving all her energy.

Fist hitting the tree, she realized her mistake and immediately pulled back, feeling the immense pain.

"ARGH!" She grunted, holding her wrist.

As she tried to open her hand, her fingers went stiff and pain shot through.

Trying to move her hand, her fingers uncurled a bit and another agonizing pain came.

She winced and closed her hand on impulse. She grunted and fell to her knees, tears at the brim.

While she was trying to move her hand, her foot unexpectedly gave out.

She yelped and gulped, knowing no one would hear or see her.

But unbeknownst to the assassin, Callum was hiding behind a tree, watching her.

He wanted to come out and help her. But it didn't seem like the right moment to say he's been following her.

So he waited. He waited for someone to come and help her out.

Rayla grunted, her body tense as she was frozen in place. Any wrong movement can make her fall.

"Stella. Come here." The cuddle monkey came and tilted her head, confused at her current position.

"Find Ethari. Tell him I need some help." She ordered. Stella chirped and ran off, wanting to find Ethari quickly.
______________

A/N: hello hello! I'm back (temporarily)! I know I haven't updated in a while. I was just really busy cuz I had exams and projects to do. I also have some more exams this week so please expect this to be the only update for maybe a few days. That's all. See ya!