Chapter Claudia

Claudia Pov

Timeline: day after Callum left

I was sitting on the floor of my cell, eyes glued to the wall in front.

Some time has passed since I was locked up. It could have been days, weeks, or months. I didn't know.

But the time I spent in this prison is nothing compared to the time I spent being the villain.

I never wanted to be one.

I wanted to be good like Soren.

But at the time, I didn't know what was right. So I ended up listening to dad. The only one who seemed to understand me at the time.

Now that I thought about it, it was a lie. Like everything he told me.

Dad never understood me. He never listened to me.

He only cared because I saved him and I was the only one willing to help him.

I hated it. I hated how naive I was. I was older. Older than Ezran. Older than Callum. Older than Rayla.

Yet they were so much wiser. They knew what was right. They were willing to sacrifice themselves for the actions me and dad did.

They were willing to die to end everything. They were willing to do anything for peace.

And while those kids risked their lives, I was doing anything I could for my family in hopes that it would be complete.

I was selfish.

How could I think that my family would be okay again after I did all that.

Soren left us.

Mom died.

Dad was doing horrible things.

If I could have prevented dad from doing destruction, the three of us could have been living peaceful lives by now.

God I was so naive.

Tears started to well up in my eyes.

I needed someone. I needed to vent things out.

"T-Terry?" I croaked out, my voice cracking and sounding hoarse.

No response.

Of course. He hasn't talked to me since we got here. How could he? I put him in jail...

My lips started quiver and I hugged my knees and buried my face in it.

A tear slid down my cheek, and soon enough, I couldn't stop it. Tears ran down my face and I bit my lip in hopes of staying silent.

A few whimpers came out and gasps for air could be heard.

I was so lost in my messy swirl of thoughts that I didn't hear the metal doors open.

I could hear rushed footsteps and the slamming of the door.

I ignored it thinking I was going insane. I haven't talked to anyone for days and the only people who came I were that elf girl and the guards who brought us food.

I started hyperventilating at the thought of going insane. I brought my hands up to my head and pulled at my hair.

Bad memories started to flash in my mind and I desperately wanted to get them out.

Hands were on my shoulders and I tried to focus on the prescense in my cell.

The image of my dad's dead body appeared.

I tried to push it away. I didn't want to remember that moment.

But it kept coming.

Me finding him all bruised and bloody.