Chapter 6

After listening to Claudia ramble on for an hour, Callum finally left the tower to retreat back to his room.

It was already past midnight. About 2:00 am. Callum was dead tired. All he wanted to do was sleep the rest of the night.

He turned a corner and walked in a hallway with your usual fancy castle decor.

Knight statues, carpet, paintings, and wood. It was your typical color pallet too. Red, brown, and gold.

It was dimly lit.

He found the door to his room and 2 guards were standing in front, guarding it with their axes.

They lifted the sharp weapon allowing him entry.

"Thank you. You guys can rest inside if you're feeling tired." He offered before closing his door.

He kicked off his boots, undid his belt, took off his gloves and collapsed onto the bed, not even bothering to turn on the lights.

He went under the covers and sighed peacefully. He closed his eyes and fell into slumber.

He hadn't had a night this comfortable in years. He was always out in the woods, travelling, and working till sunrise.
_________

Meanwhile, Rayla remained outside, laying down on the roofs of the castle.

It was a full moon. She was invisible.

Her hands were placed on her stomach as her leg was propped up.

She stared at the starry night sky, her eyes wandering searching for nothing in particular. Millions of thoughts ran through her mind, each one circling back around.

Stella chirped beside her. She averted her gaze to the cuddle monkey.

"Not right now Stella. I'm not in the mood." She closed her eyes amd frowned. Stella whimpered in worry.

Ezran and Callum had provided her a room during her stay in Katolis. But it felt wrong to accept it.

It felt wrong to stay here.

She thought about staying in the streets instead. But Callum and Ezran will just send people to find her.

She could live in another kingdom. But some are still not friendly to the magical creatures.

Her last option is to go back to Xadia. She could stay in Lujanne's old place. Or even live in Silvergrove again. Though no one would see her.

She sighed. She has been thinking about it for hours and hours on end. She was going back to Xadia.

The decision is final.

She took all her things from the castle and packed them all in one bag. She prepared herself and sharpened her knives.

Sunrise finally came.

She stared at the castle, bag hung on shoulder. She was going to leave again. For the second time.

She took a deep breath and ran off, scared to face the rising people.
_________

A/N: so yeah. Rayla left again. I'll be making this the main plot. More chapters will be published soon. I'll try to make this story only 20 parts. See ya!✌