Chapter 14

Hours had passed. Rayla has somehow made it into Silvergrove before the sun sets fully.

She hopped up the stairs heading towards Ethari's house. She hoped he was there. Her wrist had started to swell and her foot was getting worse.

As she got to the end of the stairs, she lost her balance and crashed into the doors, bursting it open.

She found Ethari inside, holding a sword, looking around in a panic.

His doors unexpectedly burst open. There was no wind. So he concluded that there was an intruder in his home.

"Ethari! Ethari!" Rayla tried to call out. But he didn't hear anything.

Rayla found a mirror hung on the wall close to her. She crawled towards it and pulled herself up into a sitting position above a boulder that sat there in the corner.

She was shown in the mirror and did all kinds of gestures to try and get him to notice her presence.

It worked. Ethari squinted his eyes, trying to see who was in the mirror.

His eyes widened as he saw who it was. He dropped his sword and ran over to her.

"Rayla!" He exclaimed in surprise. He found her hand and broke the spell that prevented herself from his sight.

"It's been so long since I saw you! Are you alright?!" He asked, seeing the dirt on her face and clothes.

"I'm fine. But can you help me out? I injured my wrist and foot..."

Ethari pulled up her sleeve and was shocked to see the big purple bruise on her wrist.

He scrambled to pull up the pant leg.

He was even more worried once he saw foot. The injury was even worse than her wrist!

"What happened?!" He looked up at the young assassin. The calm demeanor of Ethari suddenly vanished the moment he saw her hurt.

"I injured it during my travels here." She explained, sheepishly smiling as she rubbed the back of her head, doing her best to act unbothered as to not worry her foster parent.

"I will go to the markets to buy the things needed. Wait here." Ethari said. He walked back to the spot where his sword was placed and put it into the sheath behind his back.

He left the house leaving Rayla.
<><><><><><>

A/N: Hello! I know this chapter is terribly written but I needed to update. See ya!✌