Chapter 29

Rayla finally saw Callum. But he was way ahead of her. He was jogging actually.

And she slowed down even more, now growing hesitant.

What if he doesn't want anything to do with her?

What if he won't forgive her?

Questions kept popping up in her head. She felt more and more scared.

She followed after him as he reached the border.

She quickened her pace, wanting to see him one last time before everything comes crashing down.

She got to the border and hid behind some bushes a few feet away.

He stood there, his arms spread wide.

"Manus, Pluma, Volantus."

His arms grew feathers and it eventually turned to wings.

That's when Rayla realized.

He was leaving.

And the moment he flies away from Xadia, their relationship is finished.

It will be the end of them...

So without thinking, she jumped out and ran to stop him from leaving.

As his feet left the ground, she ran as quick as she can and grabbed his foot, Pulling him down to the ground.

She got aggressive...

He whipped his head with a startled look and his annoyance died down when he saw her.

His eyes widened and he struggled to talk.

No turning back now...
<><><><><><><><>

"R-Rayla?" He managed to choke out.

She looked like a mess.

A horrible, beautiful mess.

She looked down, as if she was contemplating something.

"C-can I talk to you?" She asked, still not looking at him.

Still in shock, Callum agreed.

Whatever she had to say, it was probably going to give him some closure.

And this might be the last time they ever spoke to each other...

They moved to sit against a big boulder placed next to the lava-rock surface.

After moments of awkward silence, Callum decided to break it.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"I-um uh..." She hesitated.

"You can tell me you know. I won't judge." He reassured.

That made Rayla feel a bit better.

Sighing, she started to talk. She didn't want to waste anymore of his time.

"I-I'm sorry... I know that's not gonna make up for anything, but I hope it's enough to let you know..." She spoke softly, her eyes glued to her hands.

Callum was confused. What was she sorry for? She didn't do anything.

"Why are you sorry?" He furrowed his brows.

"After everything I did, it's only natural right?" She let out a breathy scoff.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything."

That made Rayla finally look at him.

"What do you mean Callum? I did horrible things to you!" She spoke a bit louder.

"Then tell me."

"I tried to kill Ezran and the king. I lied to you so many times. I left you. And I... I broke your heart..."

She looked down once more.

Rayla was right. But that doesn't mean her mistakes were unforgivable.

"Rayla, it's all good. You had to. If anything I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry."

"What? Why?" She looked at him again.

She was glad Callum didn't hold a grudge on her. But why on earth does he have to be sorry?

"I lied to you too." He leaned his head back against the boulder.

"I think I should tell you why I came here in the first place." His eyes trailed down to her face.

Rayla stayed silent, listening to what he has to say.

"I.. wanted to look for you. You said I shouldn't come follow you. But that didn't really register to me when I decided to leave."

Rayla was beyond shocked.

"Why? I hurt you but why did you decide to follow?"

He looked her in the eyes.

This was it. He was going to confess. For the second time...

"Because I love you."

She was stunned.

"I know I didn't do a good job of showing it when you came back. I was angry, as you could probably tell..."

Was he angry at her? Of course. It was obvious.

He seemed to have heard her thoughts as he answered her question.

"I wasn't angry at you though. I was angry at no one. I was just.. trying to sort out some inner turmoil. But that's not a good excuse to treat you like I did."

"And when you left again, I was hurt.  I didn't want to live my life waiting for you to come back. I didn't think I could even wait. So I followed you. I didn't know why at the time."

"Back when we were dating, I didn't love you yet. I thought I did but I just.. liked you."

"Callum, that's sweet. And I'm thankful you don't hate me. And I love you too." She confessed.

"But I don't think I can start dating you yet. I'm not ready. And I might end up hurting you again..."

"Thats okay. I don't expect you to anyway. Just, please come back to Katolis with me..." He pleaded.

Rayla thought about it. She everything she needed. Stella was with her. And she already told Ethari about her possible departure.

She could come back to Katolis.

"Alright." She agreed.

Callum beamed at her response. He grinned widely and took her in a bone crushing hug. Which Rayla returned with just as much enthusiasm.

After a while, they decided to get up. They were burning daylight. They passed the border and walked side by side, hand in hand.

Things were finally good between them. They were glad. And they couldn't wait to return.

As they walked, Rayla had a mischievous grin on her face.

She let go of Callum's hand and started running, passing him. "Catch me If you can!" She challenged.

"Oh you're on!" Callum sprinted, racing her.
<><><><><><><>

The sun was setting. Since they had a race, they got much farther than originally planned. They weren't complaining. It just means they're getting closer to Katolis.

They sat on a fallen tree trunk by the river, watching the sunset in silence.

It was a comfortable silence actually. They just sat there, basking in each other's prescense.

They finally reunited.

They finally have closure from all the crazy events.

And their adventures have ended.

For now at least...
_____________________

Woo! Drama arc is finally over! So as I said. The epilogue will come after the separate parts for other characters. If you want, you can give ideas for them as well as the epilogue. Cuz I honestly have no clue how to write that yet😅 I hope you enjoyed this one! See ya!✌️