Chapter 26

Callum walked through the forest, now a good distance away from Silvergrove.

It was gonna be a while before he gets out of Xadia but he was prepared.

He already made a plan weeks before for this specific situation. He knew that things weren't gonna be smooth sailing forever.

So he imagined how things would turn out. One of the predictions that he had was happening.

Rayla found him, kicked him out, and he was forced to travel back to Katolis.

But even if he has a plan, he was still feeling discomfort. He left the place without even saying sorry to her.

He lied to her and and went against her.

He did everything be vowed he would never do to her... Even if that was a promise he made to himself when they were still dating it dosen't mean that he planned to go against that vow even when she left.

As he walked, he thought more about his relationship with her.

Maybe they weren't supposed to be together at all. Yes they met and started to fall in love each other throughout their journey.

But maybe that was just because of how they helped each other out. Maybe they got caught in the moment and weren't thinking straight.

He would say that they weren't supposed to meet at all but if she never attacked him, he wouldn't be the strong and respected mage he is now.

They helped each other improve. If they hadn't met, then their abilities would nowhere be close to how it is now.

So yes. They were meant to meet. But were they meant to fall in love?

That question lingered in his mind.

There were a lot of reasons why they couldn't be together back then.

They were different species. Elves were hated. Xadia was an enemy to the humans. Rayla was part of the group that killed his step-dad.

And by pure luck, everything flipped and they could be together.

But throughout their relationship, their love has been nothing but trouble.

So if they were meant to be, why did the universe put everything on their shoulders. Why it their relationship always in the way?

The more Callum thought about it the more frustrated he got.

If they weren't supposed to be together, so be it. But was their love only a past mistake?

Is this the end of them? If it is, was it supposed to be that way?

His head was hurting from all these thoughts. He stopped and sat down under a tree.

He took out a bottle and chugged down the cool water. He would have to refill that later.

Standing up, he continued on.
<><><><><><><>

Rayla ran through trees and bushes, desperately trying to find Callum.

Ethari said he left only a little while ago. He couldn't have gotten that far.

She whipped her head left and right trying to locate him.

She was getting tired from all the running but she just couldn't stop. She had to find him before he got too far.

After all the times she thought he hated her, he actually didn't.

Well he didn't according to Ethari. She was going to confirm that herself when the time came.

Right now, she needed to stop him from leaving. That was her goal.

There was nothing anyone could say to divert her from that goal.

If she can't find him in Xadia, she would travel around the kingdoms.

She had her supplies with her. She was prepared.

She hoped she would find him somewhere around since she honestly thought that travelling all over the human kingdoms would be a hassle.

But if he was already outside, then so be it. She would do everything she can to fix their relationship.

They don't have to be lovers once more. Being friends would satisfy her. Heck she would be thankful if they were back to being friends.

Callum was someone who meant a lot to her. He helped her with her mission to bring piece between the two lands.

He helped her gain more confidence. He was there for her when she needed someone. He brought her happiness.

He did everything he can to help her.

And she repayed him by leaving by him.

She needed to apologize...
_________________

Heya! So this one was shorter than usual. This part was made to focus on their feelings. That's that. Also if there are any mistakes here I'm sorry for that cos Im still trying to get used to the keyboard in my new phone. Please bear with my terrible writing and the slow(?) updates.. see ya✌️