#5

MIGUEL POV

I went up to the girl and sat across from her to figure out what she wanted,I started speaking to her and getting to know the girl.Her name is destiny,Puerto Rican but doesn't know Spanish nor does she understand it which is lame asf.

"So I wanted to ask you something" I said,her eyes lit up. "Don't get your hopes up" her face dropped.

"Well what is it?" She said confused,I've been trying to be nice and so far I'm making progress and I want to keep it that way and better myself.

"Uh why do you look at me a lot in class?" I said trying to not sound rude.

"Oh I mean it's obvious no?" My eyes furrowed due to confusion.

"What do you mean? What's obvious?"

"You're hella cute" she said confidently,I get that a lot so it's nothing new but I still smiled since it caught me off guard.

"Well thank you-

"So why don't you want to go with me on Friday night? I mean you seem to be vibing with me" she stated,I would've been hella rude but god is good and I know he's right beside my shoulder telling me to be nice.

"I have plans sorry" did I just apologize??

"Plans more important than spending time with me-

"Very very important" I sternly say,holy shit that was kinda mean but honestly I didn't care at this point,I shouldn't care about no other girls feelings but y/n's.does she do the same?

"Woah okay then maybe another time?" She asked,she doesn't get the hint.

"I'll think about it" I said before getting up and leaving her to go back to the group,the look on y/n's face kinda worried me and I don't know why.Was it because I was talking to destiny? Was she jealous? Jealous for what though?

Y/N POV

Miguel started walking back to the table,I wasn't going to ignore him for it cause we not together plus he doesn't think of me that way.He sat back down where he was and started telling us the conversation he had with her,

Figuring out her name is destiny and more things I didn't care about,He said that he had plans and when she asked again he said he'll think about it.Is he really considering going out with her? I shouldn't care but I do..but I shouldn't.

TIME SKIP

Miguel and I were walking home,I wasn't planning on having an attitude or ignoring him but I just kept overthinking that I barely spoke to him for the rest of the day.

"Hey you okay?" He broke the awkward silence.I turned my head to glance at him before looking straight forward.

"Yeah why?" I replied nervously,he tried to analyze my face and my body language something that I do as well which is why he started doing it in the first place.

"You're lying,you barely spoke today and normally you always have something to say," he stated,he knows me too well I mean after the years we known each other I'm basically easy to read.

I shrugged in response trying to not make eye contact with him whatsoever,He put his arm around my shoulder pulling me a bit closer to him sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey what's wrong? You know you can talk to me about anything" he whispered to me,We then stopped in our tracks as I finally got the encourage to look up into his eyes.His beautiful brown eyes,I hate it here.

"I'm fine miguel" I said in a normal low tone,he sighed giving up.I'm hardheaded and stubborn unfortunately which he deals with and kinda likes,he knows he wasn't gonna get anything out of me.

"Okay but if you change your mind,you know I'm a call or a text away" he send me his smile making me return mine as we started walking again.

Kinda short but hopefully it's something! Hope you liked!