#50

Y/N POV

it was court day today,I was nervous and anxious..I felt like throwing up and crying,I didn't want to see my mom again in those jumpsuits it breaks my heart cause she doesn't belong in those jumpsuits she belongs in her casual clothes with me by her side.

I was playing with my fingers as the group and I sat in the crowd with my aunt,the judge wasn't here yet while I just looked around the room nervously.Miguel held my hand to stop me from picking the skin from my nails as he gave me a reassure smile,

"Everything is gonna be okay" he whispered,I felt him rub his thumb on my hand "remember she did this to protect you"

I took a deep breath while nodding,the door in the corner of our side opened as a officer stood by the door moving out the way so someone can come in,later I realized that someone was my mother in cuffs and in her orange prison uniform.

I covered my mouth as tears blurred my vision,my mom quickly looked into the crowd and noticed my aunt first..my aunt gave her a smile while my mom nodded.

My mom then looked next to her and noticed me,her facial expression dropped seeing the kind of state I was in.She moved to the seat that she was assigned and sat down but quickly looked back into the crowd to look at me,

She cracked a smile as I just stared at her trying to smile back but I hated this sight of her,miguel wrapped his arm around me before rubbing my arm to calm me down.He didn't like seeing me like this,it broke his heart.

My mom looked at miguel causing her to have a cheesy smile as Miguel returned the same since they always had that bond,my mom gave the group the same looks to signal us that she doesn't want to see us sad but it was hard for me.

finally the judge came into the room as everyone stood up for the respect of the judge.Once the judge sat down,he told us we can be seated so we obeyed,They spoke on what type of case this was and so on.

TIME SKIP

they had Miguel,my aunt and I go up to the mic since we are witnesses on the incident as well as me being the victim that was threaten by my father.The room was silent as the judge was figuring out a sentence for my mother,

I cried a little when I was up there but I kept my eyes on Miguel to help me relax since his facial expression was calm even though on the inside he hated being here,he hated seeing my mother like this and he definitely hated seeing me like this.

Miguel teared up talking about what happened but mostly had tears when he spoke about my father putting a knife against my neck,my aunt did a good job she didn't cry but she was going to.

The judge let my mother talk,my mother apologized for what she has done but she said she did it to protect her daughter and her friends and sister.She said that the man wasn't a good father nor a good spouse but it wasn't an excuse to her actions and she knows that.

The judge then began, "well after the witnesses and the statement from Maria y/l/n,I here by the court of law sentence you to five to fifteen years in prison,early release if good behavior is made" he said before slamming the wood stick,

I immediately broke down causing Miguel to pull me in his chest as he slowly rub my arm,the trio next to miguel was shocked..Mason kept shaking his head through out the whole thing,Tristan just observed while Maddy also cried imagining herself in my shoes.

"Hey,hey,look" miguel whispered to me,I lifted my head up seeing my mother looking at me giving me a light smile with tears in her eyes.

"I love you mi niña" she mouthed before she blew me a kiss with her hand,she looked at everyone else and tried her best to wave.My aunt blew her a kiss as well,The guard grabbed my mother by her arm and guided her to the door where she came from once again.

My mom looked back at me shooting me a wink before the door closed behind her, "let's go home okay?" Miguel said before kissing my temple,I nodded as I felt numb at this point.

TIME SKIP

we entered my house in silence,I turned around to face the group and saw them giving me sympathetic looks.they saw me looking so devastated, "I'm sorry y/n" Mason spoke up

"It's okay mase" I told him as he walked towards me with open arms,he hugged me as I felt him rub my back as I hugged him back.I look behind him seeing miguel watching us with a smirk,

As Mason pulled away,Tristan then walked towards me with open arms as well causing me to chuckle as he wants to be involved.I hugged Maddy right after Tris,

"Do you want us to stay?" Maddy said as she pulled away from our hug,

"Not right now,I'll see you guys at school?" I said,the trio nodded before giving miguel a look then walking out.

My aunt then smiled at us before heading upstairs,Miguel walked closer to me "hey,if you want to be alone-

"No,I want you here..you're my person" I told him as I held his hand,he smiled before taking my hand in.

"Come on" he said as he put his arm over my shoulder to take me upstairs,we walked into my room as he closed the door behind us.

"We can watch our favorite show,I can order us food or  we can take a walk in our favorite park and do a picnic?" he said,I chuckled at him as he just continue to smile at me.

"It's fine mikey,I just wanna lay down and maybe take a nap" I said,he nodded

"Yeah of course,I'll order food for us when we wake up" I nodded as we took off our shoes and just laid on the bed as I put my leg over miguel and dig my head in his chest as he wrapped me close.

I rest my eyes as Miguel spoke to me so I can fall asleep peacefully, "you know when we get married? You can choose the honeymoon,as long as I'm with you" he whispered causing me to smile still having my eyes closed as he stared at the ceiling.

We did 50 chapters guys! Omg thanks for being with me if you were here from the start when I was making like chapter 5😭 don't worry,it's not ending yet,there's more to go!!