Chapter 27: Camp

After the talk with Nezu, the next day they are heading over to the campsite. The students will go over to the camp site the day after. Izuku and Touya went to Mei and told her the offer. Mei was happy for them along with Eri, but wasn't surprised. "Why aren't you...surprised?" Touya asked. "It's because I was listening the whole time," Mei replied. "...How long were you listening?" Touya asked. "She was there the whole time," Izuku replied. "Get ready Touya because there will be a lot of questions and teases coming your way," Mei said with a grin.

During the whole day, they were getting their stuff ready for the week over at the camp. Touya and Izuku weren't as excited because of the packing. The only thing in Touya's mind is the fact he can become a pro hero. He has always dreamed of becoming a pro hero and still does till this day. Izuku on the other hand...is hesitant. He wants to do rehab and become a pro hero, but he isn't sure if it is what he truly wants to become. Year and a half with all of the adventures, missions, mystery, and fights that have come along his way were fun. It was a time for him to release his anger and solve issues the pro heroes had no idea of. Being a vigilante was his thrill. And becoming a pro hero will be the end of it all. He doesn't want it to end. He wants those dangerous missions coming in, the fights, and the mysteries. He wants to continue as a hero in the shadows where no one knows where he is nor who he is except a selected few. Izuku wants all of this, but...is he willing to give up the freedom for it?

They have an hour before they have to leave and Izuku wants to see others' point of view with this offer. He walked down the hallway to Midnight's room and knocked. Midnight told him to come and saw her working on some papers. "Oh sorry, is this bad timing?" Izuku asked. "No, I need a break from these papers anyway. What's up?" Midnight asked. Izuku didn't say anything, but looked at the ground. Trying to figure out what he should say and how. Midnight could tell he was struggling to find the words and was patient. After a minute, Izuku finally asked her the question he wanted the answer to. "Should I do rehab and become a pro hero?" Midnight was baffled by the sudden question and took her glasses off and gestured to him to sit down.

Izuku sat down on the bed while waiting for Midnight's response. "Where did this question come from?" Midnight asked. "It's just...Ever since I was a kid, I have always dreamt of fighting alongside my father. Helping others, helping him, and saving lives. I wanted to become like All Might, but after that day, I didn't want to become a pro hero the way everyone has been training their butts off for. I wanted to become a hero in the shadows and do a better job that no other pro hero can do....With my father coming around again and asking for my forgiveness, told me I'm not his biological son and I am basically the son of a rapist, and because of it...he tried to remove me out of his life. The same night I found out about it is the same night when I got the offer. Not only am I getting my father back and Shinso being added into the picture, but I can also be a pro hero. I want that, I really do," Izuku said. "Then what is stopping you?" Midnight asked. "...My thrill...I have been a vigilante for a year and a half now. I have been killing villains at night, saving other victims from kidnapping and abusive homes, being a hero at night that no one knows. Being a vigilante has become a part of me and I am really good at it. My beliefs, my goals, my actions are being supported by millions of people all over the world for simply killing villains and killing a fake hero...So much has happened in the course of three days and...I don't know what I want," Izuku replied.

Midnight was quite surprised that this was holding him back. His hobby is holding him back from what he wanted to be...his dream. Midnight wants to guide him to where he becomes a pro hero, but it isn't her place. The only thing she can do is help him figure out what he wants to do in life. "Based on what I am hearing, you want to become a pro hero and go to rehab. But, with all that has happened to you since you were a kid, it has taken effect on what you want in life. Becoming a vigilante was a way for you to follow your dream...into becoming a hero. It's not your thrill that is holding you back, it's killing. Killing is what's holding you back. You want to save people and I can tell. The only way you can do that is by killing. Killing is a big part in becoming a vigilante and a dangerous one at that. And it has gotten to the point where you think you didn't save someone because you didn't take the threat's life away. For you to confirm you have succeeded in saving them is by killing. It has basically become second nature to you and nature is hard to move on from...To help you decide on your final decision, I want you to ask yourself this...am I willing to stop killing," Midnight replied. She got up from her chair and walked out of the room, leaving Izuku in there to think. "Am I willing to stop killing?"