I. Eden Hall Academy

Chapter 1,
     Eden Hall Academy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Well that's stupid, has he ever thought that maybe his son isn't good enough to be in this school, rich white men, am I right? "

   "This is so much bigger than what I had imagined.." Harmony's voice trailed off as they walked into the huge school.

   Amara was far too in awe to even say anything, the school was far from just fancy, it was definitely prestigious. Next to Amara, you can find Freya, whose lips curled into a smile as they looked around.

   "We should ask someone where the auditorium is, I don't think we should be late, especially on our first day." Harmony spoke out again as she pushed through crowds of students trying to get to another place, how nice.

  In all honesty, Amara wasn't fond of the idea of talking to someone they didn't know. Meeting new people, is a bit scary, especially for her.

  "Why should we ask for help when we can just follow... Those people!" Amara exclaimed as she pointed to five new students, one had a cowboy hat, the other with flawless black hair that flowed down to his neck, the other was dark skin with cool shades, another one was a girl who had two French braids, and lastly the other was wearing a blue shirt.

   Obviously Amara didn't know those people, nor did she have any idea as to where they were going, but they didn't want to walk up to someone who could be mean and ask for directions. Without asking any questions, Freya and Harmony nodded their head and followed the group of teens.

   The halls were flooded with other teens, and it was not fun having to shove or be shoved. Freya didn't mind it though, she was waiting for someone to slip up with their hands so she can clock them. Every twist and turn, Harmony, Freya, and Amara followed the group without losing one another.

   Only being lucky to know that they were also headed to the auditorium.

  "Okay, so why are we in here again?" Amara questioned as they took their seat beside the boy with flawless hair.

  "It's orientation, we're just going to get welcomed before we are off to classes. Nothing too big." Harmony responded as she settled her bookbag under her chair, Amara only nodded her head before staring straight ahead.

   Something about this orientation didn't seem like it would be going well, she could feel it, or maybe that was just nerves. It's the first day of a new school, everyone has the jitters like them.

   "You ducks don't belong here." A voice muttered from behind Amara, doing her best not to look back, Amara listened in on the conversation. It was wrong to do so, but what else is there to do when the orientation hasn't even started yet?

   After a bunch of bickering, Amara stopped listening in, it seemed like the guy behind the girl was a huge jerk. Probably looks like one too, but their not about to look back and start getting the heat the people next to her were getting.

  "Well maybe he just wasn't good enough." The girl I saw earlier retorted, as she kept her back turned on the guy. If they was apart of their friendship or argument, She'd definitely give the girl a high five.

   After zoning out for a moment, Amara caught the words of the boy behind her saying that his father will be working hard to get the students scholarship revoked. That was just fucked up, you shouldn't mess with another kid's education.

  " Well that's stupid, has he ever thought that maybe his son isn't good enough to be in this school, rich white men, am I right? " Amara butted into the conversation, as she raised her hand for a high five, only for the boy who had his shades on to give her one.

   "And who the hell are you?" The rude boy asked, much to Amara's surprise, he in fact did look like a jerk.

  "Amara Delcour, and I'd watch that pretty mouth of yours, wouldn't want it to be busted up on the first day." The words slipped smooth from the girl's lips as she turned her back on the guy, their time wasn't wasted.

   Leaving the boy flabbergasted, Amara looked over at the people she was sitting next to and sent them a friendly smile, along with a wave. Giving off the impression that they would bust you up, if you look at her the wrong way wasn't her motive. Tempting, but no.

  "Maybe dial down the defensive side, it's our first day, let's not get detention." Harmony whispered, only nodding as a response, Amara found herself staring straight ahead, dreading for this day to end.