V. A Bit Judgy, Are We?

Chapter 5,
     A Bit Judgy, Are We?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Okay first of all, I'm not a warrior, and even if I am, I am nothing like those jocks and cheerleaders. Maybe don't judge a book by its cover unless you want to end up with a papercut. "

     My body was so sore the next morning, I couldn't even turn my alarm clock off

     My body was so sore the next morning, I couldn't even turn my alarm clock off. Everything that I would move, it would begin to ache.

  "Excited for our second day of classes?" Freya asked as she grabbed her hair brush, brushing through her tangles. I could only look at her and shake my head as I got out of bed, putting on my slippers.

   I wasn't excited about school but that didn't mean I didn't want to be here, I mean, I didn't but that's not the point. I walked out to the bathroom, I had more than enough time to get to my classes considering it was only 6:12 in the morning.

   After my teeth were brushed and my face was washed, I turned on the shower before exiting the bathroom to get what I needed. I love taking my time before school, so obviously I was going to have to wake up early, and I hated it.

   As I scrubbed my body, from my toes to face, I thought about what I wanted to wear. I knew it was going to be hot, so there's a possibility of either a skirt, or shorts. I'm not picky with my outfits if I knew what the weather was, I had a good sense of style.

   Feeling clean is most likely the best feeling in the entire world, I dried myself with a fluffy towel and wrapped it around my body. I knew Freya wasn't even in the dorm anymore since the door slammed shut, she was always slamming things. Especially when it's the morning, it's annoying.

   I decided to with a pair of ripped baggy jeans, a white cropped muscle shirt, and a plaid shirt to wear as a sweater. I walked over to my vanity and grabbed my hair brush, along with other products to use. I wanted to do a half up half down hairstyle, with my butterfly clips.

   Checking the time to make sure that I wasn't running out of time, I began to do my hair. I wasn't planning on wearing heavy make up, possibly something light and natural. It was so silent in my room, I decided to walk over to my record player and play some music.

  My face lit up as the first song to play on the record player was 'My Girl' by the temptations, it's my favorite song. I wanted a boy to write and sing me a song, that would be so romantic.

   "Talking bout my girl," I sang along as I did my light make up, I knew the lyrics to the whole song. I grabbed my sneakers and put them on, lacing them up before walking over to the front door.

  I grabbed my bookbag and walked out of the dorm, before walking down the stairs for breakfast. It was only 7:24 in the morning, I had time to eat before I needed to go to my classes. Great time management, I know.

   "Hi, erm, will you sign the petition?" A girl asked a she stopped me from going into the cafeteria, I looked at her curiously before nodding my head. If the petition is for s good cause, I wouldn't mind helping out.

   "Oh sure, what's the petition about?"

   "We're demanding the board to change the demeaning Warrior name" the girl in front of me explained, that's an even better reason to sign the petition.

   "I don't think I could be on the track team anymore if I were a warrior." I laughed, but the girl didn't. She just looked at me as if I had three eyes and took the clipboard and pen back.

  "You're a jock aren't you?"

  "Well if being on the track team means jock, then I guess I am. Is that a problem?" Her whole demeanor changed and she shook her head with a smile.

   "Forget it, you warrior jocks stick together."

  As the brunette chuckled, but I wasn't a warrior jock. I was just simply, a jock.

   " Okay first of all, I'm not a warrior, and even if I am, I am nothing like those jocks and cheerleaders. Maybe don't judge a book by its cover unless you want to end up with a papercut. "

  I was not about to let someone think I was a nasty, mean jock when I wasn't. If she'd take time out to actually get to know me, then she would've liked me.

   "A warrior jock is a warrior jock, I'm not about to get pranked, again by you jerks." The girl spat as she turned around and walked to another boy, he had a green ducks jersey.

  Without a second to waste, she left again, I'm guessing he was also a jock. I wanted to walk over to the boy, and tell him that she's just judgmental and most likely had a bad experience, but he was the one who crashed orientation.

  Rick is already on his ass, and his friends for taking his brother's spot in the school, do you think I'm trying to get targeted? I'll just smile and then leave to the cafeteria.

   Oh shit, he's coming over, quick think of something!

  Without a minute to lose, I turned around and ran past a crowd of students, it wasn't time for classes yet but I'll wait outside. I wasn't that hungry anyways.