XXXII. Almost Done With The Project

Chapter 32,
    Almost Done With The Project
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Well, if you're exhausted from going to practice and school work, maybe we can hang out. Just to take your mind off of everything, just you and me at the quad, stargazing. "

  Amara sat down, with her papers all sprawled out on the library table as she waited for Guy to come upstairs and continue their project

  Amara sat down, with her papers all sprawled out on the library table as she waited for Guy to come upstairs and continue their project. She had little hope though, knowing that the boy could be angry or tired from his practice. Amara understood, she knew if he didn't come then she would just wait for him next week.
  After all, who would want to study or do anything school related after having a kick ass practice? Most likely, not everyone would want to. Amara just took out her walkman and began to listen to her mixtape, if she was going to wait, she wasn't going to wait in the silence.

  Despite wanting to see the blonde, Amara understood if he wasn't in the mood to do anything school related. They didn't have to do anything school related, as long as she was next to him, she knew everything was okay in the world. It felt as if nobody could do her wrong whenever she was with Guy.

  Amara's mind had began to imagine what life would be like if she were to give Guy a chance, it seemed like a beautiful, wonderful life. How he would take care of her, love her, and protect her from any harm that would be headed her way. Yet, she still wasn't sure if she wanted to give herself up and lower her guards for him.
  But everytime she has her doubts, Guy manages to show her, and only her, how he would treat her. Whether it's in public or private, Guy's personality never changed. Amara didn't know that Guy really liked her, he didn't know if it was her intelligence, or her personality, but something drew him to her.

  She was mesmerizing in every way possible, and he wasn't ashamed of it. He could stare at her all day, every day, as if she was the Mona Lisa.
  It was like the universe was just telling Amara that this was a good choice, this needed to happen.

  That old dog had chained you up alright, give you everything you need to live inside a twisted cage, sleep beside an empty rage..

  'Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover' by Sophie B. Hawkins began to play, and at the moment, Amara just knew.

  Everything she felt whenever she was and wasn't around Guy, everytime she blushed at his commentary, everytime they have ever held hands. Amara finally accepted the fact she was falling, she was falling for him and was falling hard. Taking notice of what he would do when he was angry, anxious, happy, annoyed, tired, and disgusted.
  Amara wanted to be around him longer than just these two more years at Eden Hall Academy, she wanted to be around Guy forever. Even if forever didn't seem like a long time, she would choose him the next life time she was given.

  I had a dream I was your hero, Damn! I wish I was your lover! I'd rock you til the daylight comes, make sure you are smiling and warm.
  I am everything, tonight I'll be your mother, I'll do such things to ease your pain, free your mind and you won't feel ashamed.

  Feeling a tap on her shoulder, Amara took off her walkman and looked up, feeling the familiar feeling of butterflies, she smiled at Guy. Removing her book bag off the chair like he would, as he sat down.

  "Hope I didn't make you wait too long, coach had us clean the locker room spotless." Guy informed the girl as he took his notebook out, Amara didn't mind though.

  "How's practice going?" She asked as she looked over at his paper to make sure that he didn't spell anything wrong or something.

  "Exhausting, and school isn't any help either. I'm tired, I just can't wait for the summer." Guy smiled, but Amara didn't smile back.

Amara didn't want the summer to come and the school year to end, she grew fond of his presence. Why would she ever want to give that up?

  " Well, if you're exhausted from going to practice and school work, maybe we can hang out. Just to take your mind off of everything, just you and me at the quad, stargazing. " Amara suggested, but she couldn't look him in the eyes anymore.

  "That sounds nice Mars." Guy replied as his hand brushed against hers.

  In this moment, Amara knew she was falling, and she was only praying he'd catch her.