XII. Picking Partners

Chapter 12,
     Picking Partners
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm glad we're partners, don't know what I'd do if I were to be paired up with Rick or Cole. "

   Amara sat in English class, paying attention and writing her notes, all while trying to avoid getting into any arguments with Rick and Cole

   Amara sat in English class, paying attention and writing her notes, all while trying to avoid getting into any arguments with Rick and Cole. Those two had made it an official mission to make her life a living hell, all because she had friends who cared for her. All that daddy's money and neither of the two boys can receive daddy's actual love it seems.
  As much as the annoyed girl wanted to turn around and punch Rick in his mouth, she kept her composure and took a deep breath. Since she didn't need to take any more notes, Amara decided to look around, just to see who was in her class.

  Now she understood why Rick and Cole took this moment to pick on her, there was barely anyone she knew in this class.

  I don't need protection, if they want to fight me, then I'll handle it.

  Amara thought to herself as she bit down on his bottom lip, just gnawing on it anxiously. She may have thick skin, but in all reality, Amara didn't want to fight. If things can be sorted out with words, then they can sort it out with words.

  "Alright class, this semester's project is going to be on Social Skills and getting to know one another. I'll be pairing you guys up shortly, give me one minute." The English teacher informed the class, this day couldn't get any worse for Amara.

   All that she hoped, wished, prayed, and manifested for, was that she got a partner who wasn't Rick Riley or Cole. Deep down, she knew that it might happen so she had to brace herself.

  "Rick Riley and Cole Richardson, Darla Roberts and Michael Wilson,"

  As the teacher kept calling on names and pairing people up, Amara sighed in relief. It didn't matter who she got paired up with now, as long as it wasn't Rick or Cole, she wasn't going to complain.

  "Finally, Guy Germaine and Amara Delcour. Alright go find your partner and begin the project."

  Amara had no idea Guy was in her classes, Amara didn't know that Guy was in all of her classes, she just never noticed him until now. Once the girl found where the boy sat, she grabbed her stuff and walked across the room.

  "Looks like we meet again." Guy joked as he moved his bookbag off the empty seat, allowing Amara to sit down beside him.

  " I'm glad we're partners, don't know what I'd do if I were to be paired up with Rick or Cole. " Amara joked as well, surprisingly making Guy actually laugh.

  His laugh was also beautiful, it felt like he could do anything and it would be a masterpiece to Amara, and she wouldn't know why she felt this way. As the two conversated, they began to write down the simple things that they already knew about one another.
  One thing Amara did notice, was that Guy was quieter than her, he took in his surroundings and knew when to speak. Something that Amara didn't do.

  That was something that drew her closer to Guy, her was the polar opposite of her and she liked that. It seemed as if these two would make a great pair now, but neither of them knows if they'll make a great pair in the future.
  It seemed as if time flew by when the bell rang to dismiss the students, it was only an hour but when you have the right person, it feels like it's been two seconds.

  Without saying a word to each other, Amara grabbed her stuff and waved Guy goodbye before exiting the classroom. She was headed off to Biology class with a smile on her face that her friends were sure to notice, right now it felt like Guy was the perfect match for her, but she's in for a rude awakening.

  Not everything is going to be handed to you, and you may even have to fight for it or be ready to lose it. That was the lesson Amara was going to learn this year.