XI. Making Eye Contact

Chapter 11,
     Making Eye Contact
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't know, he looked at me and my legs got all wobbly. His voice was like honey, and the worst part, I felt myself completely melt when his eyes met mine. "

   "I think you should go for it

   "I think you should go for it." Freya spoke as I told her about the interaction that I had with Charlie last night, of course she was on board. Throughout the years of knowing me, does she actually think for a second that I'd be dating a guy that I just met?

  "We've been best friends for five years, and you still think I'm going to fall in love with someone I just met." I shook my head in disbelief as a smile crept up on my face, Freya only laughed before wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

  We were headed to the cafeteria, it was the next morning but we had no classes, thankfully. I knew how Harmony would react to this information, and I'm not ready for it.

  However, what I wasn't planning on telling either of them was that I was going to see who was Guy and make a decision right then and there. I know, I keep contradicting myself but, sometimes you gotta contradict yourself every once in a while or someone is going to do it for you.

  Once we got to our table, I sat down next to Harmony and began to tell her everything. She kept making funny facial expressions, which I couldn't take seriously but I knew she wasn't mad or anything. Instead, she told me I should totally go for it which wasn't like her.

  "Wow, both of my best friends are on board with me dating someone I don't even know. How fun is that?" I asked sarcastically before getting up to go get some breakfast, Harmony and Freya only laughed before encouraging me to go for it.

  Apparently to them, I haven't had a boyfriend since middle school, which is quite embarrassing but I didn't care. Boys are sticky, messy losers, who will suck all of your happiness until you're depressed and laying in a puddle of tears. Maybe I'm just being dramatic but it was the truth.

  I was in front of Rick, and that was never a good sign.

  Everytime I moved up, Rick would purposely step on my shoe and I would almost land on my face. Seriously, do these boys think that this is so funny and cute?

  "Stop stepping on my shoe Rick." I snapped as I looked back and made eye contact with him, he had that shit eating grin that made me want to punch him in his Adam's apple.

  "Or what, you'll get your little ducky friends to save you?" Rick mocked, I looked at him and just as I was about to say something, someone stepped in.

  "I think it's best if you don't step on her shoes." A boy with beautiful blonde her stated, he walked beside me and crossed his arms.

  "I'll make sure I get you when there's nobody else to save your ass Delcour, mark my words." Rick threatened before getting off the line, I was a little intimidated but not too much.

   I have faith that I can take him alone, he may be six feet, but that doesn't mean I can't fight. May the lord be on my side and never let me be alone when Rick is around.

   "You didn't need to step in, I could've handle that myself." I spoke as I turned to the boy standing next to me, he was a little bit taller than I was but that wasn't what mattered.

  "Yeah I know, but if he were to do something, I'd have to step in anyways."

  It wasn't until then I took in the features of the boy, he was way taller than when I first glanced at him. His eyes were beautiful, and I felt like I was melting.

  "I'm Amara Delcour, it's nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out as I introduced myself.

  "Guy Germaine, we met before, at the hockey rink, when you and your little friend was checking us out." Guy chuckled, I felt embarrassed.

  I only shook my head before a laugh followed behind, I grabbed my breakfast and walked to my table. Almost immediately, I told my best friends about my first encounter with Guy.

  "How do you feel? you look like you're about to throw up and pass out." Freya pointed out, I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders as I sat down.

  " I don't know, he looked at me and my legs got all wobbly. His voice was like honey, and the worst part, I felt myself completely melt when his eyes met mine. "

   Freya and Harmony both squealed like little girls as they held hands, I can't stand them sometimes but they're the only friends I've got.

  "Seems like you've just contradicted yourself my friend, can't wait to see what's going to happen between you two." Harmony smiled as she took a sip from her apple juice, I only smiled before looking back.

  The table that the JV always sat at, I stared hard, but I was only looking for one person. Little did I know that, that same person was staring hard at my table, looking for one person as well.