XXI. He's a Jock

Chapter 21,
He's a Jock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" As much as I want to say I didn't need your fucking help, I did. Thank you. "

I've spent the whole afternoon on the track, trying to figure out what excuse I should use in case Guy found me

I've spent the whole afternoon on the track, trying to figure out what excuse I should use in case Guy found me. I felt bad for leaving him hanging but, there's no buts. Have you ever felt like a bad person just because you had a reaction to something, but now you feel bad because it seems as if you're sensitive?
The sun was going down and I decided that I should just go inside, I'll walk around the school and take a look at things that I would have never bat an eye to earlier. I just wanted an excuse to stay out of my dorm, and possibly see Guy.

I felt as if something bad was going to happen to me, but then again I don't think anything was going to happen. I walked down the hall until I had met eyes with Rick, I haven't forgotten his little threat from earlier this month. That didn't mean I didn't hope he forgot, I was praying if I walked past him he would forget.
Rick didn't forget though, when he noticed me, his lips curled into a devilish smile before he picked up his pace to walk over to me. I felt as if I was going to have a panic attack and turned the other way, I had no idea where I was going to go. I just knew I needed to go somewhere, and hide there until it's safe to come out.

"Amara!" Rick shouted as I stopped speed walking and began to run, he decided to run after me and I felt like peeing myself.

I have never been more terrified in my life, I don't know why I was this scared. Maybe it has something to do that it's just us two, meaning anything could happen and he could get away with it. I ran to the ice rink and just ran onto the ice.
I was farther than Rick but I knew he would catch up to me, and I needed to hide. I felt like I was being hunted by the murderer, I was his prey and he was my predator. I had nobody to help or save me.

Please, please if anyone is around let them come to the ice rink and save me, please.

I ran to the penalty box and hid inside, it wasn't an amazing hiding spot but I couldn't change it. Rick burst through the door and I felt like my life was over, he stuck with his words.

When I had nobody to save me, he was going to take his revenge. I wouldn't let him hit me willingly though, I was going to do everything I could to get out and get help. As I heard him search around, my heart began to beat faster and very loud.
My breathing didn't help me either, I started to hyperventilate and I just knew he was going to find me.

"Gotcha!" Rick popped up and opened the penalty door, I screamed and tried to latch on to the door but he grabbed on my legs.

I couldn't get up, so I began to claw at the ice, it only broke some of my nails and ripped some of my skin. Tears slipped from my eyes as I was flipped around onto my back, I couldn't catch my breath.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see who it was, I was way too afraid.

"Mara, Mara! Are you okay?"

When I opened my eyes, it was Guy, Charlie, Fulton, Russ, Dwayne, Connie, and Ken. Why are they all together, I don't know but I didn't want to ask either. Coach Orion rushed in and got onto the ice, I felt like I was just robbed.

"I'm fine, yeah, I'm fine." I reassured myself as I looked at my body. I was sure that my calves would have bruises.

"The dean will handle Rick, your hands are a mess." Coach Orion stated as he helped me up.

"No, don't involve anyone else. It'll just make matters worse, I think I'm just going to go bed, thank you though." I smiled faintly before walking off the ice.

I walked out of the rink and sighed, I felt like an embarrassment to everyone. I'm sure that everyone is going to think I'm a spaz, and even make fun of me. I opened my big mouth to defend myself but couldn't find the courage to do it again, I suck.

"Amara! Wait up!" Guy shouted as he jogged over to me.

I looked at him and sighed, I wanted to push him away and give him a taste of his own medicine but i didn't.

" As much as I want to say I didn't need your fucking help, I did. Thank you. "

I didn't have anything else to say so I just hugged him tightly, from now on, I was going to stand my ground even when I'm alone. I can't keep running from my problems, it isn't healthy and it gets me nowhere.