III. Rick is Such a...

Chapter 3,
     Rick is Such a...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I know we literally just met but, you shouldn't let him get away with taking your lunch. I say the next time he asks what did your mom pack you for lunch, tell him 'A knuckle sandwich' then rock his shit. "

   Classes were horrible, how the hell am I going to be able to remember what they tell me in a span of half an hour? Call my mom, I want to go home

   Classes were horrible, how the hell am I going to be able to remember what they tell me in a span of half an hour? Call my mom, I want to go home. The only best part of today, was the fact I was dismissed to go to lunch, that's all.

   "You look like hell, were your classes difficult?" Harmony questioned as we met up by the lockers, I only nodded my head. Of course she seemed fine, she understood every single thing that is handed to her.

   "Excited to see what Freya looks like, $20 that she looks horrified." I snickered as I placed my books inside and grabbed my lunch, I don't like school lunch. It became a habit of taking lunch to school instead of eating school lunch, it never looked appetizing.

  Harmony only shook her head disapprovingly before laughing slightly, we were going to meet Freya at the cafeteria. As we walked through the halls, I realized how big and fancy it really was.

  Arriving to the cafeteria, it looks like everyone was already in their cliques, the jocks and cheerleaders were sitting either near or across each other, the nerd and outcasts were together, and so on. I gulped a bit before walking inside, Harmony trailing behind as we tried to look where Freya was sat.

   "Mara! Over here!" A voice called out, I looked around the room, to find Freya sitting down at an empty table, which was near a corner. Harmony grabbed my hand, and we rushed over to her, it was clear we all had stuff to say to each other.

  I barely had any classes with my friends, which I didn't mind considering need any distractions, but I also wanted distractions. My classes were fine, however English class seemed to be a little different, our topic is social skills. Something, I don't really have.

   Out of my whole friend group, I was the introvert, but to others it seemed as if I was the extrovert. Maybe that's the vibe I give off, the aura I have.

   "Rick, I barely know him and he's an asshole, all jocks are assholes." Freya muttered as we all looked over at the Jock table, they seemed so cocky, as if the world was given to them.

   "I forgot my water bottle in my locker, and I have track tryouts. I'll be right back, it'll only take a minute or two." I got up from my seat and walked out of the cafeteria, before jogging to my locker.

   While putting in my locker combination, I watched as Ken leave a classroom and walk down the hall. He had his lunch in his hands, and a smile on his face, hopefully him and his friends have a table to sit at.

   After grabbing my water bottle, I slammed my locker shut, putting my lock back on. I turned around and began to walk towards the cafeteria when I noticed Rick taking Ken's lunch, what an asshole move. How are you about to brag about taking someone's scholarship but not have food to eat? Dumb people these days.

   Once Rick disappeared, I sprinted up to Ken and placed my hand on his shoulder, it startled him but he's alright.

   "He took your lunch Ken, are you not going to do anything about that?" Although it seemed like I was trying to instigate, I genuinely wanted to know why he didn't try to fight back. Then again, Ken is up to my collarbone, I don't think he'd be able to fight back even if he could.

  "It's whatever Amara, I'll just go get school lunch. It's not that big of a deal." Ken responded cooly as we walked into the cafeteria together, I looked at him and shook my head.

   Harmony told me to lower down my defensive side since it's the first day of school, but nobody should have to eat school lunch if they had home lunch. That's just an unspoken rule that every single person should know, and if you don't know now you know.

  " I know we literally just met but, you shouldn't let him get away with taking your lunch. I say the next time he asks what did your mom pack you for lunch, tell him 'A knuckle sandwich' then rock his shit. " I explained, even making a punching motion, just in case Ken didn't know how to punch someone in their face.

   "Thanks Mara but I'm good, I don't wanna be shoved in a locker." Ken smiled as he got in the line for school lunch, I wasn't going to pressure him into fighting so I only nodded my head. Besides, Ken does seem like he's at the lock shoving height.

   As I walked to my table, I looked at the jocks table and glared daggers at Rick, he definitely had a punchable face. I stood beside Harmony and began to tell both of my friends what happened.

  "Mara look out!" Both Freya and Harmony said in unison, I turned around only to be sprayed in the face with apple juice, and not the juice box, the bottle.

  "Just a little welcome present, from the jocks and cheerleaders, to you!" Rick beamed as he dropped the juice bottle on my feet, before laughing with his friends back to his table.

  Ken and his friends looked over, I take it back what I said earlier. Nothing can top this.

  "Gosh, Rick is such a fucking-"