XIX. I Was Right

Chapter 19,
   I Was Right
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I was right to try and distance myself from Guy, but I stopped myself because I thought it was too mean of me to do. From now on, I will follow my gut feeling. "

   It's been a full week since the incident, Amara has done anything and everything she could to avoid Guy, and as much as she felt terrible for doing so, she had to do it

   It's been a full week since the incident, Amara has done anything and everything she could to avoid Guy, and as much as she felt terrible for doing so, she had to do it. After he snapped at her, it made her realize how much she cared for someone instead of caring for herself. That was the mistake she had made.
   Never love someone more than you love yourself if you're sure that, that person doesn't feel the same. Another thing, Amara never told her best friends about the incident, she felt like it was just running his name through the mud. She may be mad at him, but she had respect for him.

  "You've been off all week, did something happen when you were with Guy?" Harmony asked as she snapped the dazed girl from her day dream.

"Nothing happened, just giving him space from the game. I left before I saw him, he must have been angry or something." Amara mumbled as she put her chin in her hand and sighed.

  Words couldn't express how much Amara wanted burst and tell Harmony what he said, and how he made her feel but she just couldn't. It made Amara feel bad for not telling the complete truth, but it felt unnecessary to speak about it as well.
  Harmony only nodded her head and decided not to speak on the topic, but Harmony knew something was wrong. Amara was off throughout the week, she wasn't making jokes or hanging with the ducks, hell, she's barely been around her friends. Something happened and she didn't want to say anything about it.

  On top of the Guy situation, Rick hasn't missed a day where he had continuously ridiculed her. It was getting old and tiring, but Amara would rather eat rocks than to ask for help. She's stubborn, we all knew that by now.
  A few times, Freya has tried to intervene but Amara just pushed her out even more.

  "Okay, Mara something happened between you two and you're not speaking about it. You know you can tell me anything, I'm not going to judge you or make fun of you." Harmony stated as Freya walked over to the table, forgot to mention it was lunch time and Amara refused to go get lunch, thus having Freya do it.

  It was as if Amara had lost all motivation to function correctly, Guy yelling at her made her feel a type of way. Anyone screaming at her made her feel a certain way.

  "I should've waited until he calmed down but I didn't, and he screamed at me for not leaving him alone. I shouted back but, his words hurt a little bit." Amara finally admitted as she lifted her head from her hand, before grabbing the tray that Freya slid over.

   Freya balled her hands into a tight fist before looking at the table, nobody was allowed to upset Amara. If you're even an asshole to Amara indirectly, you're signing your death sentence with your blood.

  "He's an asshole then, you were only trying to cheer him up." Freya seethed as she looked back at her upset best friend.

  That's something that Amara didn't want to happen, she didn't want people talking bad about Guy as if he was a monster. In her mind it was her fault she got yelled at, nobody else's, therefore she should be the one getting dragged.

   " I was right to try and distance myself from Guy, but I stopped myself because I thought it was too mean of me to do. From now on, I will follow my gut feeling. "

  It felt wrong to say that, Amara knew that she wouldn't follow through on her words and would cave the second he apologized. Deep down, Amara knew this was an overreaction, and she should get over it. Everything will blow over possibly within a week, and she would be back to her preppy self.
  One part of Amara spoke to her, saying it was okay to get upset, she was yelled at for something that wasn't her fault. The other part said she should suck it up, and stop being such a crybaby.

  Not like either of those parts mattered, Amara was going to listen to her heart for the last time and pray it'll do something correct this time.