VI. Judging A Book By Its Cover

Chapter 6,
    Judging a Book By Its Cover
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " I'm glad you're able to see who I'm friends with, but news flash Harmony, they weren't the ones who crashed the orientation. Therefore, I would rather be friends with them. "

   Classes were different, perusal, but Amara had lunch to make up for it

   Classes were different, perusal, but Amara had lunch to make up for it. As class was dismissed, she took her time grabbing their things, they would meet up with her friends at the table they ate at it yesterday.

  The day was nice, the sun was out but it wasn't beaming down at anyone, it was just there. The weather had a nice breeze every once in a while, which made the day more bearable, Amara couldn't wait for practice. Knowing that she'd soon be in competition with other people, other schools, the adrenaline rush of it all was exciting.

  Snapped out of their thoughts when they walked into the cafeteria, because of the loud chatter and laughter. Scanning the cafeteria to see where her friends are, Amara found the girl who had judged her.

  Once they spotted their friends, Amara walked over to the table in the corner with a smile. Her friends had already had their lunch trays, they were just waiting for her.

  "Can you tell Harmony that was we shouldn't be friends with those goons over there?" Freya pleaded as she pointed to the table with Ken, Julie, and their friends. As much as Amaea didn't want to contradict herself, she was about to.

  "It's true, they're being targeted by the Varsity team, also know as Rick and his friends. We should steer clear from them, at all times." Amara explained, mentally slapping herself for judging someone without know them.

   "Mara, you're literally friends with two of them from their friend group, what fucking logic is that, that you're talking about?"

  " I'm glad you're able to see who I'm friends with, but news flash Harmony, they weren't the ones who crashed the orientation. Therefore, I would rather be friends with them. " Amara retorted as she took a bite from her apple, her parents swap lunch times, meaning they take turns on who packs Amara's lunch.

  Without realizing it, Amara had just turned into the brunette girl she had met earlier. Harmony only rolled her eyes, and scoffed as she took a sip from her milk carton. Freya only smiled, knowing that it was two against one.

  Before Harmony could scold either one of the girls, they looked back and noticed the jocks take Ken's lunch again. Once they got what they wanted to eat, they threw the empty brown bag at the table he was about to sit at, someone needs to put Rick in his place.

  "I cannot wait to see who stands their ground, and gets their lick back." Freya muttered, Amara nodded her head in agreement, as much as she wanted to be the one who stood up to Rick, they didn't need to be on his radar.

  It felt embarrassing and shameful to know that Amara wasn't doing anything to help, all they were doing was judging someone they didn't know. Even though other people do it, it doesn't give her the right to follow along.

  "On second thought, maybe let's hold on being their friend. They need to make amends with the jocks, or else their school year is going to be a living hell." Harmony spoke as she sighed, as the girls ate their lunch silently, Amara felt guilty.

   It was only know that she had realize that she wasn't giving someone a chance, someone that she didn't even know. To make matters worse, they realized that they were almost the same as the brunette from earlier, and that wasn't good. If it doesn't feel nice to be judged, then you shouldn't judge others.

  "Who knows, maybe we should give them a chance, they might be the new friends we all need." Amara wondered as she looked over at the table, the group of friends seemed as if they had been born and raised together, tighter than double knot.

  If Amara wanted to survive this school year, then it would have been best if she didn't judge anyone and gave different people a chance, which would be starting with the brunette.