XVI. You Let Down

Chapter 16,
   You Let Down
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm just confused with all of this, it feels like everytime I understand something, it changes to be more difficult. I feel like I've just let down. "

    Amara felt like she was the worst friend in the world with how she snapped at her two best friends, it felt like she should have just told them how uncomfortable she was with those questions

    Amara felt like she was the worst friend in the world with how she snapped at her two best friends, it felt like she should have just told them how uncomfortable she was with those questions. Instead of screaming at them, Amara sat on her bed during lunch and thought of so many apologies.
   Nothing sounded right or sincere and it was starting to get to her, why couldn't she just be honest from the start, why was it so difficult?

  Classes were going to be too awkward to attend, but she couldn't get a bad grade in any of them. Amara picked herself up and walked out of her dorm, whoever she saw first, she would apologize and accept the fact they may never wanna be her friend again. Promising herself to speak about her feelings more often, Amara walked down the hall and waited for lunch to end to enter her chemistry class.
  It's confusing being a teenager, you feel like you're doing everything right but still have the wrong answers, and nobody is willing to help. When you do get help, you're made fun of or told you'll never be able to make a difference.

   "Freya! Harmony!" Amara shouted as she watched the two walk out of the cafeteria, they both looked worried and upset. Can you blame them though?

  "There you are! We thought you were going to leave the school, we had no idea you felt so disturbed with our questions about Guy." Harmony spoke first, she apologized as she wrapped her arms around me.

   "We thought you were joking at first, I'm sorry we made you feel like we were more invested in your love life than you." Freya finally spoke as she also joined the hug, which relieved Amara.

  Amara could feel tears begin to fill up her eyes as she hugged her best friends back, it felt like weight had been removed from her shoulders. What makes everything all better is that they understand her, and don't shove her feelings away.

  "Mara, you don't have to feel pressured to fall in love with someone you have no interest in." Harmony cooed as she rubbed the almost crying girl's back.

  " I'm just confused with all of this, it feels like everytime I understand something, it changes to be more difficult. I feel like I've just let down. " Amara finally admitted, getting this off her chest meant more to her than she realized.

   Tears slipped from her eyes as she spoke, Amara felt like everyone from the JV team to her best friends were praying that she started dating Guy, but it wasn't going to happen. With that being said, she felt like she let everyone down for not having those feelings.

  "You haven't let anyone down, it's still the start of high school, maybe he just isn't the one." Freya comforted as she finally let go of Amara.

  "Exactly Mara, there's going to be so many guys out there, and one of them will win your heart. If Guy is that one, you'll know." Harmony added on before kissing Amara's forehead.

  This friend group was truly unbreakable, they have been through thick and thin with one another to know that nothing can split them. It has happened once, but never again after that. Once lunch ended, Amara and Freya said their goodbyes to Harmony before walking into Chemistry.
  It felt much better to know that Amara didn't have to deal with questions about her feelings for Guy, or even have to think about him. She finally has the air to breathe, and she was going to cherish it just in case something is shoved down her throat again.

   Knowing that she didn't let anyone down, that was what made her realize everything was truly going to be okay. She got the closure she needed to continue her life, nothing could ruin that for her now.
  Nothing could confuse her anymore, or make her feel as if she has to have the answers to everything.

  Except for every successful day, there will be a fail, and you have to be prepared to deal with it.