XV. Don't Be Their Friend!

Chapter 15,
    Don't Be Their Friend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't have to give you a reason as to why I don't want to be their friend anymore, maybe I just got a bad feeling, get off my case! "

   It was official for Amara, she was going to start avoiding Guy, and make sure she had her head straight. There should be no reason as to why she's lost her damn mind when it came to that boy, but it just happened. All she knew, was that she wasn't planning on telling her friends, it was simply going to be a secret between her and only her.
  Of course her friends didn't have to stop being friends with the JV team, but Amara knew they were going to question her. It seemed oddly suspicious, but it didn't matter to her at this moment.

  "Hey, you haven't been talking to Guy in like a week, is everything between y'all still good?" Harmony asked, Amara hated the fact that she was still being questioned about her feelings for the hockey player.

  It was tiresome, she wanted to live a day where nobody asked her or doubter her feelings. In fact, that was what ignited this stupid idea of hers in the first place. Communication with Amara was like speaking to a narcissist who has a god complex, it was difficult to get your words through the girl's head. Sooner or later, Amara is going to realize running may work on the track team but not when it comes to her feelings.

  "Everything's fine, can we not talk about him for like five fucking seconds?" Amara suddenly snapped as the two walked into Algebra class, which not so luckily has half of the JV team in there, including Guy.

  Harmony didn't know why Amara was suddenly so angry but she knew not to poke the bear, so instead she let it go and nodded her head. Amara felt bad but she wanted everyone to just leave her alone and stop bugging her about Guy, it was getting annoying.
  When class began, Amara tuned everyone around out, even though she could feel the stares of someone, she just didn't know who and she wasn't willing to find out either. In Amara's eyes, everyone and everything around her was complicated, as if she couldn't find the answer to anything and that was frustrating.

  But just when Amara had everything all figured out, her feelings for Guy came along and complicated everything again. What Amara wanted was closure, someone to tell her everything was going to be okay even though it didn't seem like it, instead of asking her if she was going to date Guy.
  It bugged her how she was able to tell people off for doing things to her that she didn't like, but she couldn't find the words to ask for help. Amara felt like she was stuck in this box marked fragile, and nobody dared to open it up.

  It felt good when the bell rang, Amara was able to leave class without being called back by someone, not like she'd turn back anyways.

  "Why'd you snap at me earlier, before algebra?" Harmony asked as the three girls walked into the cafeteria and walked to the lunch line.

  How was Amara mean to tell Harmony that she hated answering questions that involved her love life?

   "Because I don't want to be his friend nor his team's friend. I've decided we aren't compatible and it'll only lead to disaster." Amara explained as they moved up in line, grabbing the food that she would eat.

  "But why?" Freya entered the conversation, which was only getting on Amara's nerves.

  "Because I don't want to be their friend anymore, I'm focusing on my own grades and sport, besides have you guys."

  It suddenly felt like Amara was being interrogated, she felt like she needed a reason for everything and she hated it.

  "Amara why though, you seemed so interested in him, and you were literally beaming when you became friends with the JV team." Harmony added, that was enough to just set off whatever alarm had in Amara's head.

   " I don't have to give you a reason as to why I don't want to be their friend anymore, maybe I just got a bad feeling, get off my case! " Amara seethed as she walked off of the lunch line with her tray in hand, but instead of walking to their table, she walked out of the cafeteria.

  It seemed like an overreaction to Freya and Harmony, but that was only because they weren't in Amara's head. Everything was a mess in her mind, and she had just ruined everything.
  The worst part is that she believed nobody is going to help her fix anything, and that was a little scary.