XXII. We Should Hang Out, Alone

Chapter 22,
   We Should Hang Out, Alone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" We're polar opposites, I thought we were supposed to attract each other. Maybe, we need to hang out and get to know each other better. "

      Harmony and Freya were far from furious when I had told them about what I went through last night, I felt like they were my school parents with how they wanted to talk to the headmaster

      Harmony and Freya were far from furious when I had told them about what I went through last night, I felt like they were my school parents with how they wanted to talk to the headmaster. As much as I pleaded with them to not tell any adult, they knew what was best and to prevent this to continue on, we needed an adult involved.
  Apparently Coach Orion wasn't a good enough reason, he was an adult and he was the one who actually helped me out, he isn't as scary as people think he is. The man just holds his head up high and doesn't let anyone talk down to him, I need tips from him.

  "He literally made you break your nails, and your fingers are still bleeding. Rick isn't going to get away with this Amara, not this time, not ever." Freya seethed as she balled her hands into fists, I knew that this was going to ruin the peace.

  The JV team walked over to our table during lunch, surprisingly, we all spoke and had a good time with one another. The only issue is that they agreed, they wanted Rick and the rest of the Varsity squad to learn their lesson, and they knew just how to do it.
  I was more than just worried, even Ken wanted to be apart of this little prank, that's how I know Rick messed up. I hadn't realized how much I mattered to my friends until now, it makes me feel different.

  "Mara, we know you've been through hell and back due to Rick, you don't have to be apart of the prank." Fulton whispered to me, him, Guy, Connie, Julie, Ken and Dwayne were the only ones that kept tabs on me.

   "I appreciate it Fulton, but I think I wanna be apart of the prank. Maybe it'll thicken my skin, and I'll be able to stand my ground no matter what."

  "You have thick skin Mara, even the strongest ice cracks a little, that doesn't mean hockey players and figure skaters are going to stop skating on it." Fulton comforted as he wrapped his arm around me, I smiled and nodded my head.

   That was a good analogy, I would have never thought of myself like that. I'm thankful for Fulton, he's the wisest out of the whole group, I think that's because he's the only one people come to for protection. Unfortunately, I was one of those people who ran to him for protection.

   When lunch was over, I said my goodbyes to my friends and walked out of the cafeteria, I had English next but I really didn't want to go. Guy walked out after me and walked over to my side quickly, I looked at him and smiled. I had a fuzzy feeling inside of my stomach, and I didn't know why.

  "I sort of noticed how we get under each other's skin." Guy pointed out as we walked up the stairs, call him captain obvious.

  " We're polar opposites, I thought we were supposed to attract each other. Maybe, we need to hang out and get to know each other better. "

   Guy chuckled and nodded his head which made me laugh a little bit, we walked into English class. I wanted to restart with Guy, I wanted to get to know him and actually see where my feelings for him go.

  "When I first saw you, I thought you were going to be one of those quiet kids who don't talk to anyone, like you're in your own little world." I admitted as I told Guy some interesting things about me.

   "I thought you were going to be super loud, and bitchy, but you aren't." Guy snorted, it was like that was his funniest joke because he started to laugh hard.

  I only looked at him and rolled my eyes playfully before pinching his forearm.

   "I guess we were both wrong about each other, now about that little date.."

  I looked at the blonde who was smirking at me, I know he did not just call our hang out, a little date.

  "We're just hanging out Guy, alone, but as friends and only as friends." I stated, as I smiled back at him.

  Nothing between can ever stay as just friends, but I wasn't ready to accept that. I wasn't even sure if he was being serious when it came to feelings about me, sometimes I feel like everything that we experienced together was fake.
  I have nothing figured out, not even my own feelings. But Guy doesn't either, so I'm not the only one confused about their life.